2: The Night Cries

Taylor's POV

Ok so where can he sleep. He's only 3 months so a crib, but I don't have one. Um can I build one, no I don't even know how. Oh I have an idea. My parents kept our old cribs. I'll call my mom later.

"Hi Finley," I say taking him out of the car seat. He babbles back.

"Let's get you changed, you stink," I say. Again he just babbles. And he honestly stinks, bad.

After he is changed, I take him with me to the kitchen and call my mom.

Taylor- bold Andrea- normal

Hey mom!

Taylor, how you doing?

Good

Why did you call?

I was wondering if you still had my old crib.

I do, do you need it?

Yeah

Why?

Well I'm watching this baby I found in the park, then took to the police station and they couldn't find who's turn it was to take care of him. His foster parents left for Hawaii and conveniently left him. So I asked if I could watch him for the 13 days they are gone.

Why do they keep giving him back?

I think it's because they don't have another family that will foster him.

Oh, well I can bring over the crib later today, unless you need it now.

Ok just bring it anytime. And you and dad could come from dinner if you want to bring it then?

Sure, we'll see you around 6?

Perfect, see you then love you, bye

Love you bye
*end of phone call*

"So Finley we got you a place to sleep," I say.

"Let's go watch TV," I say and take him to the family room. I set him on the couch, he lays against a pillow. I spread out the blue, well more like brown it's extremely dirty. I'll get him a new one. One I can't let him on this. I take him to my room and grab a soft purple blanket from my bed. I lay that out and set him on it.

"Here ya go buddy," I say laying him on it. I quickly run and throw the old on in the laundry room.
We both lay on the blanket watching tv. Marathons of Law and Order, Greys Anatomy, NCIS, CSI.

••••

Around 5, I get up and start making tacos.
I moved Finley from the TV to the car seat that I placed on the counter.
I can watch him and still cook.

Right at six the doorbell rings. I answer it, and my parents set inside with a big box that has the crib.
I hug them both.

"Hi Taylor, where's the little one?" My dad says.

"Over there on the counter," I say and point to Finley. I go over and take him out.

"Say hi, to my Mom and Dad," I say pointing them both. He laughs at the sight of both of them.

"Can I hold him?" My mom asks.

"Sure," I say and hand him over. Then walk back to the kitchen and finish dinner.

"He's so cute," my mom says walking around the other side of the island I was cooking at.

"Yeah, I know," I say.

"How old is he?" Dad says.

"Um I believe she said 3 months," I said.

"Wow," my mom said. I honestly have no idea why.

••••

After dinner, my dad and I set up the old crib in my room. It was really difficult because I suck with tools, so when he'd ask for a certain tool and I'd hand him the wrong one he had to stop and teach me what tool it was. My mom sat there and played with Finley, watching me fail or went out to the family room.

"Ok, and we are done, hand me that mattress," my dad said, I grabbed the smaller mattress and passed it to him. He took it and laid it nicely in the bed.

"Thanks," I said.

"Welcome, I think me and your mother should head back now," he says
leaving the room.

"Andrea?" He says through the house.

"Yeah, we are in the family room," she yells back.

"Ok, want to go now?" My dad says we went get to the family room.

"Sure, here ya go Taylor," Mom says handing me my baby, wait not mine my foster baby.

"Thanks for everything see you soon, love you," I say saying goodbye to them both.

"Bye, love you, good luck," my mom says.

"Yeah, good luck, love you," my dad says and I close the door. Okay now on to putting him to sleep. From what I remember, give him a bath, dressed, bottle, burp, rock, and he should be asleep.

After all that, he was still up. I sat there rocking him, I decided to get up and get another bottle. The microwave dinged it was done, I tested it was done and walked back to the comfy chair. I sat down and have it to him. He drank it half way, I decided this wasn't going to go well. I started singing You Belong With Me, softly and quietly. I kept feeding him and singing to him. He fell asleep, hallelujah.

I laid him down in the crib and went to bed myself.

••••

I glance at my blurry clock, I think it reads 2:30am. I search for my glasses in the pitch black by feeling around on the nightstand. I pull myself out of the bed and unsteadily walk toward the crib.

"Shh, Finley, shhh, Fin. I'm here it's alright," I say to the wailing baby. I pick him up and wrap him in my arms. Now I get why they both said "Good Luck."

"Fin, Finley, shh.
We were both young when I first saw you, I close my eyes, and the flashback starts, I'm standing there in a balcony in summer air....." I start singing. He seems to be calmed by it and instantly stops and listens to me. I keep singing as I lay him down. He falls asleep, around the "marry me Juliet...." part. I laid back in the bed, only to find out that that same thing would repeat 3 more times with a different song before the sun even came up.

A/n
Thanks for reading.

CQ:
Favorite song from Fearless?