17: The Big One

Taylor's POV
Today is exactly May 8, 2011. Fin is exactly one year old.

"Hey, blue eyed," I say picking him up out of the crib. I woke up around 6 to him crying so here I am.

"Hey shh," I say bouncing him a bit.

"Are you hungry, or do you need a diaper change?" I say lifting him up to check. I was right.

After I change him, I start getting things in order for the party that's from 2 to 8 tonight, we're going to a swimming park, pool thing. I don't know what to call it but I rented out an outdoor water park just for the party.
I get everything ready, now I just need him.

"Fin?" I call out. I hear a sound come from my bedroom.

"Hey buddy lest get some lunch then we can, leave and pick up Austin," I say.

I make Mac and Cheese while he sits on the counter with a plastic spoon to play with. He bangs it on the counter, tries to eat it, tries multiple stuff but he seems to be loving it. It's only a green plastic spoon that is suppose to be used for cooking but never does anymore because of him.

"Here you go," I say locking the high chair Fin's in and setting some Mac and cheese on it.

He happily shoves it in to his mouth. I sit at the island and eat a bowl of it. After we finish I wash his hands and face then set him down while I do the dishes. Next I star loading the car. I get everything in then come back up for Fin who's disappeared.

"Fin?" I call out. I start searching the apartment, only to find him in his room playing with some blocks left out from yesterday.

"Come on buddy let's go," I say picking him up. I change him in to a grey and white striped jumper.

"Alright let's go birthday boy," I say taking him out the door.
•••••
I walk in to Chipotle with my keys in hand plus my purse. I locked the car with Fin in it. I have to pick up the catered food for the party.

I bring out the food along with two other people helping me. I brought chicken, rice, brown rice, steak, beans, shells, lettuce, tomatoes, red-salsa, corn-salsa, and everything else you can possibly put on a burrito or taco. Once everything is loaded we head to the pool.
•••••
My parents and Austin are here waiting on me.

"Sorry, I had to get the food," I say getting out of the car.

"It's fine let's go, where's my grandson?" Mom says.

"In the car sleeping I think, hold on," I say opening the car door. I move the cover from the car seat to reveal a sleeping Finley.
"You need help?" My brother asks.
"Nope we'll have to come back, for the food and other stuff," I say and head inside after I pull my sunglasses off.
Austin's POV
We get inside and Taylor checks in. Then we are let in to the pool. There's a few workers helping her, but only 3. There's chairs, tables, and more tables set up. Taylor leaves Fin with mom while me, Dad and her go get the Chipotle.
Taylor's POV
Now all I need is to change in to my swimsuit and get Fin ready.

I hurry and change in the bathroom to my black bikini. Then come back to where I left Finley. I just change him out here. Put a swim diaper and suit bottoms on him. Lastly I lather him in sunscreen, he doesn't like it so he pulls away. I hold his arm until I finish. Then I get the spray sunscreen and walk a distance from Finley who I actually put in a float thing and spray it on myself. I notice Austin in the pool with Fun so he doesn't drown.

I return and jump in the pool. Fin's happily splashing himself but he doesn't care. I take the floatie thing dragging it around the pool. There's a giant pool. Plus another baby pool. There there's an air pump and buckets upon buckets of stuff you can blow up and set in the pool. I brought the floatie thing Fin's currently in. It's two concentric circles with seat and in the middle. There's leg holes for him to be in and not fall out. Austin and I play pass more like it's us pushing Fin back and forth between us.