26: Lookin for a Howme

TS: quote

Phoenix's POV

I wake up in the big bed all alone. I hear faint talking downstairs but overall it's silent. No yelling, no screaming, no cars passing, nothing.

I sigh climbing out of the bed. And opening the door, before heading down the steps.

I walk in on a lady that is definitely not Taylor and Fin bouncing happily in his high chair as she puts food on his plate.

"Look, Phoenix is up Fin," she says pointing to me. He smiles a bit at me before going back to eating.

"Hi," I say quietly.

"Hello, honey. You can call me Andrea or Mama swift," she says kindly. I just nod slowly watching her for signs of a threat.

"Here breakfast, Taylor had to do some early shopping so I came over to watch you two," she says setting two plates on the table piled with eggs, pancakes, sausage and hash browns. Or what I believe to be that, I don't know all we ever had for breakfast was a bagel and occasionally butter. That's what I had, I wasn't allowed to eat with my parents but they taught me manners so when we go out I act normally, I guess.

"Thanks," I mumble.

"Your welcome, eat up," she says.

••••

After breakfast, Andrea let's Fin and I play with his toys. I was so surprised, usually I'm not allowed to play at all. But also a rule was never touch someone else's things.

We played with blocks that tumble, cars that move, books that speak, balls that roll, it was amazing. Best time in my whole life.

I head the door open and garage door shut, Taylor and Abigail Anderson come in with smiles and lots of bags.

"Hello, children," Abigail says taking a seat on the couch.

"Hi," Fin says pushing himself standing and running towards Taylor.

"Hi, Fin," she says lifting him off the ground. I stay where I am watching everything around me.

After Taylor and her mom talk, Andrea leaves and it's just us four.

"Phoenix, come here I want to show you what I brought you," Taylor says taking my hand. I feel a pan of fear washing over me.

"I got clothes, shoes, hair stuff, some toys, movies and a stuffed rabbit because I thought you'd like it," she says laying the stuff in front of me.

"Thanks, but I don't stay," I say choking back tears of past memories with my rabbit.

"Why?" Taylor says kneeling to my level.

"I lookin for a homwe, I'm lookin for a new Mama and Dada," I say confidently.

"What about you just getting a new mama?" She asks.

"Who would thawt be?" I ask.

"Me?" She answers hopefully.

"But you have Fin," I say.

"But why can't I have you both? I love you both," she says. Did she says she loves me? I've never had anyone say that to me.

"What?" I say making sure I heard it right.

"I love you Phoenix," she says.

"What about a home?" I ask.

"Fin, me, my mom, everyone will be your family, we'll be home here or another apartment, Phoenix who'll you please stay," Taylor says with pleading eyes.

"Yeah," I say. She lifts me up and hugs me kissing my head multiple times.

"Thank you, you're gonna love it here," she says hugging me tighter. I hope so, I was planning to be the orphan I was told I am.

••••

Taylor took me upstairs and changed me into jeans and pink shirt that has a butterfly.
It's very sparkly and glittery. I like it. Taylor told me that butterflies are delicate and very pretty.

We joined the others downstairs playing with everything. I did a puzzle with Abigail, it was blues clues.

It was a blue dog with spots. Abigail said I did very well. I was proud. I'd never done one before.

"Come and eat," Taylor called from the kitchen. Abigail picked up Fin and took my hand running to the kitchen.

"What are we having?" Abigail asks loudly while putting Fin in his high chair and strapping a bib to him.

"Mexican," Taylor says setting bowls and wrapped food on the table.

"Chipotle," Abigail read aloud for me.

"What's chip-o-t-le?" I ask sounding it out.

"It's really good Mexican! Are you allergic to anything?" Taylor asks.

"I no know," I say.

"Ok, well if anything happens get our attention," Taylor tells me. I nod, confused on whatever that means.

"Dig in!" Abigail shouts. I'm handed a wrapped taco thing, I think. That's what I'm told they are, tacos. Chicken tacos, and I can put whatever I want on it.

I put cheese, green shredded stuff/lettuce, salsa, and rice in a bowl. Then I dump one taco
(A/N: Taco shell) in and mix it up before "digging in," as Abigail says.

They girls start laughing at me. I look up at them confused again.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing, just you're eating tacos wrong," Taylor says, she comes over with a plate. Takes the shell, places a bit of the stuff in it, then wraps it up and hands it to me.

"Ok, now eat it," she says.

"Um, yummy," I say.

"Better right?" She asks.

"Yup," I say through my full mouth.

••••

After Abigail leaves, Taylor changes Fin and I into pajamas and we curl up in her bed watching one of her favorite movies. The Lion King.

The lions , monkey, music, almost a perfect world.

Fin fell asleep drinking milk. Taylor let me have one too, I must have fell asleep. When I woke up, we were all still cuddled in bed.

A/n
Thanks!!

CQ:
2016 Grammy Performance? Comments?

Ideas for Phoenix or Finley?