6: First Thanksgiving

Taylor's POV
Today we are back in Nashville. But leaving for Saint Louis.
"Morning Finley let's get going we have to meet my parents and Uncle Austin," I say lifting the little boy out of the crib.
I get him changed, fed and dressed. Then I lay him on the ground while I get the suitcases in the car.
I go back upstairs and put him in the car seat. I pull on a little hat over his head and head out. Purse and car seat in hand.
I lock the door and go down to my car. Parked at spot A13.
I get the car seat strapped in and then get in and drive to my parents not far away.
We pull up in front of the house and I get out. Mom and Dad are loading the car next to mine. Austin is ready. I load up Fin and my' stuff. I put the car seat in the seat in the middle of me and Austin.
"Hey Tay," Austin says as we do our coordinated secret hand shake.
"Hi Austin," I say.
"Guesses who's coming to St. Louis," I say.
"Who?" He says in a annoying voice.
"Finley," I say excited.
"Who's Finley?" He asks.
"That little Baby, you remember, that adorable blue eyed baby," I say.
"Oh yeah, so are we sticking him in the way back," he says, I hope his joking.
My face drops in the bad aw. Austin starts laughing and pointing at me. I close my mouth and say, "you want to hold him."
"Sure," he says.
"Ok hold on," I say and open the door."
"Hey Finley, come here you want to see your mean Uncle," I say.
I step out of the car with Finley in my arms, I hold him out to Austin. Austin takes him and holds him tight.
"Thanks," I say and run inside. I just wanted to see Austin's reaction when I ran.
"Hey, wait what am I supposed to do," he calls after me. I ran inside and grabbed some coffee and I had to use the bathroom.
I walked back out minutes later. Austin was standing on our porch with hand on his hip. He looks like an annoyed babysitter.
"Two hands on the baby," I say and take Finley back.
"Sorry," he says.
********
On our way to St. Louis, Finley keeps being his not happy self. It takes me and Austin to hold him 24/7 in the car. I'm holding him or Austin is. We are playing with him, keeping him occupied. Sleeping wasn't on the list of things he wanted to do today. I did film some of the car ride but Finley wasn't a very happy boy during that time.
*********
We finally arrived at my aunt's house.

"Taylor you came!" My family said as they crowded around all of us.

"Yeah, Aunt Jillian," I said.

We unloaded and said hello to everyone who came over to greet us. We are gonna be here for a week then I fly back to Nashville for some business meeting. My family and I decided to keep Finley a surprise until we are done unloading. We had to make sure that no one was helping unload. Austin and I threw out stuff down in the guest room that still has 2 twin beds stacked in a bunk bed. My parents were across the hall in the basement. We finished unloading and I grabbed the keys from Dad and walked outside to get Finley. I set him just inside the door, he fell asleep, finally when we were unloading.

"Hey Aunt Jillian can you get everyone to sit in the family room I have a surprise," I ask her when I walk into the kitchen.

"Sure," she says and walks to the basement steps, "Everyone Upstairs Taylor has an Announcement," she yells down the steps, she repeats the same upstairs but this time asks them to come downstairs. Footsteps flood the stairs as the cousins, aunts, uncles, relative meet in the family room. Everyone takes a seat, while I slip out to Finley. I set him in the dark room with the piano. No one noticed him at all. Which is good, I'm worried they'll freak out when I say Finley is gonna be mine on my birthday.

I unhook the straps and gently lift him out. He wakes up as we walk in to the Family room. All eyes on me, I open my mouth to speak then shut it and think quickly about what I'm gonna say.

"Guys, this one is Finley," I say.

"Taylor not to be rude but why is he here?" My aunt asks.

"Um I found him in a park abandoned by his foster parents. Then I volunteered to watch him for 13 days. And then I found out that he's foster parents were killed in a car accident. And then I asked if I could adopt him, they said no but my parents could foster him until I'm 21 with will be this December," I say.

"Ok, Can I hold him?" My other Aunt says.

"Yeah," I walk over to her and hand him off. Finley is upset at first but calms down once she starts bouncing him.

"Taylor how old is he?" One of my uncle say.

"Um 6 months, I got him when he was 3 months," I say.

"Cool, I heard you album, nice job" my uncle says.

"Really, thanks," I say.

"What are you doing with Speak Now?" He asks.

"I think we are gonna do a tour," I say.

"That's nice are you coming to st.Louis?" He says.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" I say.

"Because I'm pretty sure we'd all like to see that blue eyed baby again," he says.

"Wow that's weird I call him that sometimes too," I say.

"Really, it's fits him well," he says. The doorbell rings and I get up and answer it. It's the pizza guy. He looks shock.

"Tay-Taylor swift," he says.

"Yeah, you're Matt?" I say reading his name tag.

"Yeah. Um that will be uh, $70.69, um can I also get your autograph?" He says.

"Ok hold on," I says back walk back inside, I go to my purse and pull out twenty, and I grab my credit card.

"You have a scanner?" I ask.

"Yeah but I need somewhere to put all the pizza you guys bought," he says, I lead him to the kitchen. No one seems to notice that he was even here. He sat like 10 pizzas down in the kitchen. Then went out to get the scanner.
He came back I handed him my credit card and a CD with my autograph. I signed it when he went out.

"Thank you," he said.

"Thanks for the pizza," I said and shut the door.

I went back to Austin and I's room and grabbed some formula and a bottle. I walked back to the family room they were all still awing Finley.

"Guys pizzas here," I said and they all got up and ran toward the kitchen.

"Here Taylor, he's a cutie," my aunt said handing him back.

"Thanks," I said. That night we ate and played games.

The next couple of days we spent preparing for thanksgiving and just hanging out as a family together.
On thanksgiving, I ate way to much and Finley slept way to much. I played with Dylan, my cousin, he is now 5. We played outside in the snow. I filmed a lot. I probably won't use that much but it's nice to save on a hard drive for later. Home videos are really fun to watch.

On the next Friday, I said goodbye to my family and headed off to the airport, my dad had to drive because we only brought one car and they are leaving on Monday. Just like I though the airport was filled with people. I made it through, I gonna need to get myself some security soon. But I made it alone with two suitcases, a baby, a car seat and my carry on. It was tiring especially because I got lost once.

That night I got home and fell asleep like a light. Ever though we both sleep, he still wakes up. But it's becoming less frequently, which is good. I'm tired a lot more but coffee helps. According to my mom it's Welcome To Motherhood.