30: Blocks and Thumb Sucker

I like the picture above! :)

Selena's POV
I land in Nashville to visit Taylor and head out just before the holidays.

"Hey, should I get a car or do you want me to pick you up?" I text her while walking through the airport.

"I'm on my way in," she sends back.

"Where should we meet?" I send back.

"Pick up doors," she replies.

"Meet you there," I say before putting my phone in my pocket.

I quickly walk down to the lower level, get my bag, then go back up and meet Taylor.

I did attract attention so that slowed me down a lot.

I finally find them and start walking faster.

I notice there's three of them. A little blonde girl with her thumb in her mouth. She's dressed in leggings and a pink shirt with a rainbow on it. Then there's Fin, who has grown a lot since I last saw him. He's in navy blue overalls and a white t-shirt plus a pacifier in his mouth. I see Taylor dressed in skinny black jeans and a grey sweater type of thing.

"Hi," I say embracing Taylor in a hug.

"Hi," she answers.

"What's going on here? I didn't know you had two kids," I say bending down to there. The girl hides behind Taylor's leg while Fin tries to hug me.

"Yeah, you know Fin, and this is Phoenix, Phoenix this is Selena," Taylor says introducing us.

"Sewlena," Phoenix repeats.

"Yeah, you know you're adorable," I say smiling at her, she still hides but I can see a little smile even through her sucking on her thumb.

"Let's go home guys," Taylor says as I stand up and grab my suitcase and purse.

"Do you need help?" I ask as Taylor balances Phoenix on her hip while keeping Fin close.

"Um, yeah, you mind carrying Fin," she says and I lean down and scoop him up.

••••

We walk in on a child filled house. There's toys spread around, plastic cups, sippy cups, stuff animals, blankets, and much more.

"Wow," is my first reaction.

"Yeah, I know, I haven't got much time to clean up," Taylor says shutting the door.

"Where do you want my stuff?" I ask.

"Um, oh god, I didn't think of this, so you remember how Fin is in the guest room?" Taylor asks.

"Yeah," I say slowly trying to think where she is going with this.

"You know what. You can put it in my room, the kids have taken over the guest room, and it's kinda a tight in there, I can't really find anything that suits us," Taylor says and I do as in told.

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask.

"Whatever you'd like," Taylor says.

"Taywlor?" A little voice says behind me.

"Yeah, Phoenix?" Taylor says.

"I went potty again," she says in discomfort, I'm guessing.

"Oh, ok, come on honey let's get you changed," Taylor says leading her down the hall. I might as well go find Fin.

"Fin?" I call out in the small apartment. I find him trying to stack blocks.

"Hi, buddy," I say sitting next to the tiny tower of cardboard blocks.

"Hwi," he says running around the room looking for another block. I watch him set it on the top, it jumbles a bit but stays.

I get up and start stabling the tower before he comes and kicks it over before rebuilding it again.

"Well, it looks like you too are having fun," Taylor says.

"Oh yeah, he's just so cute," I say grabbing him as he pays attention to the block in his hands. I wrap him in a tight hug.

••••
"Let's go, let's go," Taylor shouts as we gather by the door.

"Alright, alright, we're ready," I say laughing as I grab my purse and phone.

"Come here Phoenix," Taylor says lifting her on her hip.

"I'll get Fin," I say lifting him off the ground.

We walk down to the park and play on the swings.

Then head home after a few short hours and Taylor makes dinner which was really good homemade pizza.

Then Taylor put the kids down for the night.

We both fell asleep in the couch while watching The Little Mermaid.

A/n
Thanks, I'm sorry this is so short.

CQ: Should I make a schedule?
I might not stick to it though.