24: Phoenix Hope

Taylor's POV

We are back in Nashville, Tennessee for thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thanksgiving is next week! And I'm getting hungry for turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and pie and well now I'm just hungry.

My mom's hosting thanksgiving just for our intermediate family not extended.

Today I've decided to get together with Abigail while she's in town. So we are heading to Central Park to meet her.

"Finley, Finley, time to wake up," I say to the sleeping baby. He opens his eyes and rolls over. Then pushes himself to be standing.

He turns back to me and smiles through his pacifier.

"Hi, buddy, did you sleep well?" I say lifting him out of the crib.

"Yews," he says loudly while I check his diaper.

"Ok, come'n lets get you changed and dressed," I say laying him on the changing table.

After he's changed and dressed in navy blue sweatpants and a red shirt. I let him go while I shower and get dressed quickly. For breakfast I give him dry cereal and for myself a bagel.

Then I load up the stroller and set the car seat in it. I head out and walk to Central Park.

I look down and notice Fin fell asleep again. He's bundled in two blankets and he has a pacifier in his mouth.

"Taylor!" Abigail runs scream as we embrace in a hug.

"Fin's sleeping," I whisper in her ear after I say I missed you.

"Motherhood changed you," she says moving her red curls out of her face.

"How have you been? How's college?" I ask as we watch around the park.

"Awesome, there's this dude who's super cute and it's just so fun and amazing," she says.

"Who's the dude?" I ask.

"He's a friend in one of my classes," she says.

"Anything else?" I push.

"I might have a slight crush on him," she says.

"Drew height or hey Stephen height?" I ask.

"Drew," she squeaks out.

"Really," I say, "show me a picture."

"There's is one on my phone," she says whipping in to action. While she looks for it, I zone out looking around the park. Like the time I found Fin. Everyone happily playing and stuff.

****

We went out for lunch and then decided to walk back to my apartment. On our way back I heard a muffled cry, and started to look for the source quickly. I literally handed my son to Abigail and started looking down alleys and stuff.

I eventually found the source. This girl was in a ripped coat, barefoot, a shirt way to big for her and had her head dug in her knees crying.

I gently bend down and touched her shoulder. She looked up and I say her blue eyes filled with tears and her face covered in fear.

"Sweetie, I'm Taylor Swift, that's my best friend Abigail Anderson, and that's my son his name is Finley but I call him Fin, what's your name?" I ask cautiously, I actually wanted to pick her up and cuddle her with affection for ages.

"Phoenix, Phoenix Hope, but I don't have a last name," she quivered out gloomy.

"It's okay, do you want to come to my house and have some lunch with us?" I ask even though we just had lunch.

"Will you hurt me?" She said looking straight in to my eyes.

"No, of course not, why. You're beautiful, sweet, kind, intelligent and everything," I say.

"I don't know what that means but I'll come if you promise you won't hurt me," she says standing.

"I promise, do you want me to carry you, so your feet don't get hurt?" I ask.

"No, no I'll be fine, I've been here a long time," she says but she grips my hand tightly.

"Well, let's go," I say, "you can sit in the stroller."

"Um sure I'd like that," she says climbing in.

"And here's a blanket so you don't get cold," I say handing her a blanket that isn't Fin's baby blanket because he already has a tight grip on that. I push the stroller and Abigail holds or walks alongside Fin.

A/n
Sorry short chapter but I have ideas and I'll actually update them. Isn't that a coincidence?

CQ:
What do you think happened to Phoenix in her past life?

What will Taylor do with her?