Chapter 39

Aoloa eyed Venessa in her new clothes. They'd settled on black jeans, grey shirt, and black jacket. She had a backpack she carried the new laptop they'd stolen for her, along with a solar panel to charge it. Currently, she was hunkered next to Hokulani as they worked on reaching out to the contacts of "SherpaDerpa".

Human females are so fragile. Everything I've looked up on physical characteristics says she's an average person, but she's so... small. And weak. Granted, we've mostly been interacting with military men, but still... He collected his thoughts as his gaze shifted to the desirable form of Hokulani. How can human men want something so delicate? I don't get it.

Shaking it off, he joined in, monitoring for activity, but not doing anything to draw attention to his cyber-presence. Kodachrome was still blaming them for turning SherpaDerpa in to the police. Others were questioning whether Sherpa was arrested, or merely in deep cover.

One comment caught his attention.

Char43_61_74: The UPSsiders couldn't have been in a tight enough spot to turn over SherpaDerpa.

Kodachrome44: Right, because being faced by the cops at your door hasn't every caused people to turn on their friends. It happens all the time, Char.

Genghis59: Accumulate-J, is that just wild speculation, or do you know something?

Char43_61_74: Call it my professional opinion, Genghis. Or do you know something you haven't told us?

Genghis59: I don't know anything. They're odd, that's all.

Aoloa directed the two females to the conversation. Hokulani frowned slightly, her muzzle crunching up, before she whispered, "So he's still alive."

"Who?" Venessa asked.

"My mentor," she replied.

"You sure it's him?" Aoloa checked.

"It's him." She turned her attention to Venessa. "SD, check the details on the posts he makes."

Venessa tapped at her computer for a bit. Then she frowned and plugged it into a port at the base of her neck. Her frown deepened. "How?"

"Only one way."

"But he's not the owner. I know the owner."

"That's why I'm sure it's him. No tracks."

Aoloa shifted his attention between them before he finally asked, "What am I missing?"

Hokulani turned her attention to him and said, "There's no IP address on Char's posts. Who does that make you think of?"

::Lopaka is still alive.::

She nodded.

::Are we in trouble?::

::I don't know.::