Chapter 66

It was two hours later that the troop transport backed up to the front door of the presidential compound. Lopaka had the compound's security feeds running to their HUDs so they could see the individuals that were coming towards them. At the same time, the phone on Jarvison's desk rang.

Aoloa nodded, indicated he could pick up. General Mitchell's face appeared on the screen. "We're sending down Kaholo and Mele. They are carrying the four bounds of titanium and sixteen pounds of graphite you requested."

Aoloa nodded towards the general in acknowledgement. ::When the humans with the gas bombs enter, kill them. Toss the bombs back outside. I want throats ripped out. They aren't taking us seriously, yet.::

::Yes, Boss!:: they all replied.

When they opened the door, two humans were holding bags. Before they could step in, Wikolia and Akela lunged at them. Within seconds, their bodies fell back, throats ripped out and arms nearly clawed off. The safe house door slammed shut as the blocks started hissing.

General Mitchell stared, aghast, as the two females casually licked the blood off their muzzles and cleaned their claws. Aoloa gave him a few moments to register what had just happened before speaking up. "Our friends aren't human. Gas canisters will not get us to leave this room, though they could be bad for Jarvison's health. I understand that you had to try, but we'd like you to stop screwing around. The next stunt like that, and we start maiming your president. Are we fucking clear?"

Jarvison blanched. Mitchell, to his credit, managed to resume a stoic face. "Quite clear."

"Good, then how about you send down the actual Mele and Kaholo?"

General Mitchell gave an inaudible command, and the security system showed two more individuals being marched down the hallways towards the safe house door. Unlike the last two, these were looking around in confusion. They also weren't feline, much less from their colony.

"They're ready to be let in," the general announced.

With a sigh, Aoloa leaped over Jarvison's desk, grabbed his arm, and bit the bicep, creating four, sudden, puncture wounds in his arm. Jarvison screamed.

General Mitchell started shouting while Aoloa ordered Akoni, "Go grab the first aid kit and stitch up his wounds." With that order acted on, he turned his face to the raving general. "Shut up!"

"You have no idea what you've done!"

"Mele and Kaholo are currently on the second underground floor with a pack of fully armored wolves, if I'm not mistaken. There's no sign that you actually brought the titanium and graphite. I'm hoping that's still in the truck. Your precious president is in no particular danger right now, and we would prefer to keep him that way. You do not want us to start parading his dead or mutilated body in front of those cameras. You do not want US parading about in front of those cameras. Am I clear?"

After an order, the imposters were shooed away and Mele and Kaholo brought down. The requested raw materials appeared shortly afterwards. ::Do it,:: he told Lopaka.

At first, nothing obvious happened. Then their eyes widened and Aoloa said, ::Sorry it took so long to get you, guys. We've had a few complications.::

::Boss!::

::Who are the wolves escorting you?::

::Ailani and Kanoa's pack. They just can't help being loyal. Stupid mutts,:: Mele replied.

::This might make things easier.::

Lopaka opened the door and they pulled Mele and Kaholo, who were holding the materials. As soon as the door was shut again, he and Hokulani started working with them to reprogram their nanites and secure their comms for colony use. In the process, they eliminated multiple spy programs and other nasty surprises that had been set up.

They killed the channel to General Mitchell before having the last members of the colony absorb the materials for their armor. After a while, Jarvison stomped making noises from the pain.