Chapter 69

SherpaDerpa: It's been two years! Where have you been?

UPSInsider98: It's complicated. We got the colony together, and we're safe. That's what's important.

SherpaDerpa: You know you'd do well in Switzerland, right?

UPSOutsider98: Believe it or not, we're better off where we are. The UPS hates us. They might decide to try something if we were there.

KingKong34: Yeah, I understand that. Kodachrome turned up dead several months after you guys disappeared. An unfortunate case of "lead poisoning". 12mm, to be exact. Who knew sleeping could be so dangerous?

UPSInsider98: Darn shame, that.

KingKong34: True tragedy. So, is it just us, or did the UPS slow things down a bit?

UPSOutsider98: It's just you. They got more subtle. They also got more careful with their troops.

SherpaDerpa: You don't think they've stopped wanting to get you, do you?

UPSOutsider98: They want us. We're not going to make it easy on them, though.

UPSInsider98: They're waiting for us to screw up and be vulnerable.

KingKong34: Isn't this risky, then?

UPSInsider98: ... Secrets stay secret.

UPSOutsider98: Most of them, anyway.

SherpaDerpa: We're never going to find out what actually happened, are we?

UPSOutsider98: Insider conducted some firm negotiations with President Jarvison. They went as well as could be expected, under the circumstances.

KingKong34: I wondered if that was what was going on. Well played.

UPSInsider98: Thank you. I wish it'd gone smoother.

SherpaDerpa: You're still alive. You did better than most could have hoped for.

UPSInsider98: Check video cKJVHb_sw_M.

Aoloa waited for them to locate the video. It took a minute before the responses came in.

SherpaDerpa: SUPER CUTE!

KingKong34: They're for real?

UPSOutsider98: They're for real.

SherpaDerpa: Keep them safe.

UPSOutsider98: I will.

They disconnected, and Aoloa picked up the twins for a piggy back ride. Hokulani was still working on a few things through the newly launched, quantum entangled satellite. The UPS would know they were in the United States, but they'd never know where.