Chapter 33

UPSInsider98: Yes, it's real.

Genghis59: You understand why we'd suspect computer-generated imagery.

UPSOutsider98: Absolutely. I've already noticed you have several fake videos that have been posted. Compare what we've posted to item 40_gqumf9ss.

UPSInsider98: We've also confirmed that RxYyC-Lag9E is authentic.

SherpaDerpa: Granted, they are consistent with each other and yours, but you could have generated all four of them.

UPSInsider98: why do three different resolutions? Why would ours be the only two with the same resolution?

Aoloa glanced at Hokulani while they waited for them to put together what was going on.

SherpaDerpa: Are you picking this up, Genghis? Stereo 93 megapixel cameras that are rotating in a fixed housing in sync with each other. Also, the color palette is off. There's information that extends slightly outside the standard color range. The color balance is off, too.

Genghis59: Confirmed. There's also no timestamp information on any of it, with no match to any camera models I'm familiar with.

Kodachrome44: Humans with cybernetic implants attached to the optic nerve have recorded similar results at 72 megapixels. Check out the work of Heigel and Barnhardt, 2047.

Genghis59: So they put cybernetics in an animal? That would explain a lot of it, but there's two points of view, and there appears to be tactical combat from a human POV.

SherpaDerpa: So non-human eyes recording non-humans in the middle of combat. Might as well add an onboard computer to record everything. But where would they get access to such a thing?

UPSInsider98: Do we have your attention yet?

Kodachrome44: Impressive. Obviously, you can't go into too much detail here, nor can you be public about setting up a meeting. Too many governments would like to suppress more concrete proof. All of this can be explained away. You have something else in mind, I assume.

UPSOutsider98: We have more concrete proof.

Genghis59: Right. So obviously, you want to present this in person. Great way to get us to expose ourselves to the very authorities we're trying to expose. Not a brilliant move.

UPSOutsider98: That's why there are always intermediaries to verify credentials. With that said, I think we have an effective way to convince you we have access to the cameras involved.

Kodachrome44: I'm listening.

::Now's when we upload the video of us what we're seeing,:: she said.

UPSOutsider98: Grab a copy of vyC65jrYunY and pZI2y8Ddi2U, they won't stay up long.

SherpaDerpa: Holy shit! It's you!

Aoloa promptly deleted the videos. They would spread under different IDs, but the originals would be gone. They'd been projecting the chat site as a HUD overlay on their vision while they sat with their backs to the wall of the house they were leeching from. A small tire swing hung and tree branches swayed slightly on occasion. The result was two pairs of dual-cameras with slightly different refresh times on the chat site and two different angles on the same scene.

UPSInsider98: Let us know when you want to meet. We'll work out the details elsewhere.

With that final message, they dropped the connection chain and headed back for the woods.