Chapter 4: Evil Revealed (Edited)

Victoria's Point of View

When I opened my eyes, I found myself standing under a tree on my favorite hill that overlooked my best friend's home, the beautiful coastal kingdom of Iskla.

As I walked to my friend Janice's house in the city, I passed by crowds of people of many trades and background. After finally making my way through the crowd, I arrived at the quiet little street that Janice lived on. I walked up to the small cottage she lived in, but before I could knock, the door swung open and Janice jumped out.

"I didn't know you were coming." She said then she looked at what I was wearing. I also just realized that I was still wearing most of my battle armor, in place of the dress I should be wearing when I'm not training.

"And it seems you didn't either." Janice noted already knowing my parents rules. "I've got an idea, we can go to the new boutique in town square. I have been dying to go check it out."

I nodded in agreement, thankful for my sister-like friend.

"Well let's go, unless the universe has finally decided that I should go on a quest." I looked up at the sky, looking for some sort of sign and still nothing. "Okay, onward to the boutique, before someone sees me and decides to tell my parents."

"Don't be so paranoid. Let me go get my purse and then we can leave." Janice said retreating back into her home. Finally she came out of her home, purse in hand. "Let's go have some fun."

We walked for a mile or so, until we arrived in town square, but by then it was super packed. When we finally managed to make it to the door, we were exhausted. We entered the doorway and found a very busy seamstress running around the shop.

"Um, Miss do you have any dresses?" Janice asked trying not to get run over by the flitting boutique owner.

"Do I have dresses? Of course darling, that's all I make. How many do you need? Five? Ten? Fifty?" She asked while still running around non-stop.

"Only one." Janice replied looking dizzy just trying to look at the seamstress in her mad dash.

"I hardly call that a challenge, dear." The ever busy seamstress replied.

I was looking at some of the seamstress's creations and I was blown away by the amazing quality of the designs. I turned around to ask about the prices on a simple gown and suddenly I was face-to-face with a fifteen-year-old girl.

"Where's the seamstress?" I asked unsure of her current whereabouts .

"I am she." She answered crossing her arms. "Were you expecting someone else older and taller?"

"Yes, but it's very obvious that you can handle it. I need a dress today. Do you have any already made?" I inquired.

"Aren't you Victoria Arrow?" She asked looking me over.

"Yes I am." I answered reluctantly. I wasn't one for attracting attention, because of my social status. I prefer being known as smart or a pretty good Gladiator.

"Well, since you're a princess, you need a custom made gown. Now with your dark curly hair and dark brown eyes I suggest some maroons and dark reds. Let's get you fitted."

Several minutes later I was standing in a new maroon gown, getting ready to pay. "How much do I owe you?" I said looking through my money pouch.

"One gold crown and two silver coins." She replied getting back to her other dresses.

I payed and left asking Janice what to do now, when suddenly Morgan appeared out of thin air. Janice was so startled that she jumped nearly three feet in the air.