Chapter 26: Crossroads

Heath's point of view

"First things first, we need to go to my kingdom." Natalie stated.

"Why? Wouldn't it be better to go to the elemental library and find something to help us defeat Bale?" I argued.

"My kingdom needs me." Natalie countered. I was about to continue the argument, but decided otherwise.

"Fine, we'll go to your kingdom." I said in defeat.

Before she could say anything else I cut her off.

"Only because I know you'll insist on getting your way." I added.

As I drank my transportation potion, I swear I could see Natalie beaming.

After a second, I arrived on the outskirts of Parna. Natalie arrived barely a second after still with a triumphed smile etched in her face.

We walked through the bustling town square and slipped into the castle with little fuss.

There were many people coming and going, but none seemed to be in the best of moods. As I continued to observe my surroundings, I noticed that many of them were gathering weapons and supplies.

War preparations, I thought to myself.

It was good to know they were taking this war seriously, but not exactly comforting to know we were one step closer to an all-out war. If history was to repeat its self then there would be plenty of bloodshed.

I was taken out of my thoughts when Natalie elbowed me gently. She had a concerned look on her face and it was easy to tell that she was worried about me.

"You okay?" She asked in a very un-Natalie way. I sighed softly and nodded.

That only prompted an eyebrow raise from her and her expression shifted from worrying to inquiring, but before she could ask, we were approached by a stranger in assorted pieces of armor.

"Hey Natalie and..." The armored guy trailed off and gestured for me to say my name.

"Heath." I answered and he continued without missing another beat.

"My name's Charles and I'm here to help little Natalie here with the upcoming war."

"Charles, I'm right here and I'm half an inch shorter then you." She said with a small smile on her face.

"That still makes you little to me." Charles said pulling up his visor. He had very tanned skin, dark brown eyes and short black hair.

The visor fell almost the exact same second he put his arm down and made a resounding clang.

Charles took the helmet off and tsked at it like it was a misbehaving child.

"I grabbed the wrong armor and this one is missing quite a few pieces. The pieces I do have don't function  properly, but if they protect me, I guess they'll do." Charles finished.

He seemed to have been talking more to himself then us, but ultimately didn't seem to notice. For a second, we just stood there not doing or saying anything. I decided to break the silence by clearing my throat. Natalie and Charles looked at me simultaneously.

"Thank you, Charles, for helping with the war, but Natalie and I need to get on our way." I said simply.

"Of course." Charles said putting on his helmet. "I'll see you on the battlefield."

He ruffled Natalie's hair, much to her discontent, and saluted us bye.

I rolled my eyes and I looked at Natalie who was giggling to herself.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Just you." She replied. Natalie started to walk away and I jogged after her.

"Can you elaborate?" I asked slightly annoyed by her.

"Just the fact that you were so totally jealous." She said poking me sharply in the side.

I blanched for a second, confused. I stood there for a minute trying to make sense of what she said. Then I chased after the strange Navarro girl.

"Now, wait just a minute!"

Johnnie's point of view

I attempted to get the flower that stood next to my foot to wilt and die, but without powers it was futile.

I still have to try though, I thought to myself. I just glared at the defiant daisy as if it was the source of all my problems.

"You, okay?"

Those two words snapped me out of my thoughts. I turned and saw a very concerned Catherine. I smiled smally.

"I'm fine, Catherine." That didn't seem to convince her and instead frowned. "I just feel a bit..."

"Less?" She finished for me.

"Exactly," I decided that I needed to try not to brood for her, "but your presence gives me strength." I said cheesily. She simply punched me and I was certain I deserved it.

"At times, you're worse than your brother, Daniell." She commented.

I put my hand over my heart and faked dying. I made sure to slump onto her as I pretended to be a corpse.

"You wound me." I said after she nearly shoved me off my seat.

"I thought I strengthened you." Catherine sassed.

"Same thing."

Catherine just shook her head and looked at our surroundings. I looked away and took everything in as well.

We were currently sitting in the courtyard of Motonishi castle under one of the birch trees that lined the cobblestone and marble courtyard.

TIhe castle was beautiful, but I couldn't help notice how much chaos we had singlehandedly caused.

Soldiers ran in and out of the castle, servants were loading bags onto carts and some people, namely my brother and his girlfriend, were working on their combat skills.

I sighed as I remembered all the work we have to do to save the world and get our powers back.

Catherine elbowed me lightly and looked at me. I couldn't help giving her a quick peck on the lips before she could talk again.

"Yes, darling?" I asked smirking for no reason. She was hardly fazed by the kiss and continued on like it didn't happen.

"Ready to fix this mess we made?" Catherine asked.

"Only as long as we get revenge." I replied. With that thought in mind, Catherine and I adorned identical smiles filled with mischief.