Chapter 16: Betrayal

Victoria's Point of View

'One of our friends betray us? Only when hell freezes over.' I thought to myself. Bale' s words were a poison and I wasn't going to let them taint our friendship.

"That's a lie and everyone here knows it." I exclaimed. Bale tilted his head in a playful manner and smiled.

"Oh the sad delusions of good guys. Loyalty. Honesty. Love. Friendship." Bale cringed in mock disgust, "You don't believe that one of your own would turn against you."

"I'm here to prove that good is a false concept and anyone would turn on their friends. Would my spy please come take their place by my side as General?"

The identity of the spy left me shellshocked. It was my own flesh and blood, Sebastian. My own brother had turned on us and delivered us to the enemy. The worst part was that he didn't even seem remorseful. Sebastion turned to me and meet my eyes.

"Victoria," He said holding out his hand, "come with us."

For a second I couldn't procces what he just said, then his words gained meaning. It shocked me that he would think that I would betray my friends and all my values.

"No." I said firmly. Sebastion faltered for a second, then his expression hardened into one of annoyance. I looked at Daniell and he looked like he had a plan.

"You're being an idiot. You can't save the world with a band of misfits. You aren't in a book." He said through clenched teeth.

"No, I am not being an idiot. You can't trust him." I said pointing to Bale who was watching in amusement. "He will kill us the moment he doesn't need us."

"No I won't." Bale said sincerly earning some confused looks from my friends who were watching the entire exchange in an uneasy silence.

"You're behind on what's happening, Victoria. You don't realize what we have in common. Sebastion figured it out, so why can't you?" Bale remarked smirking.

I was confused by what he meant, but at the same time Daniell gave the signal to attack. Chaos erupted within seconds. I unsheathed my katanas and swung at the enemy.

Inbetween swings, I noticed Bale opening a portal and Sebastian still looking at me. I shook my head no and went back to the fight.

After a minute or so, I noticed Morgan making his way towards Bale. I wanted to yell at him not to, but he was well out of earshot. I heard Daniell call out his name, but with all this noise the sound was lost.

I saw him aim his dagger and he was about to stab when Bale turned faster then I could see and stabbed Morgan with a sword. Everyone stopped their fighting and stared in confusion.

Morgan's Point of View

I watched as my friends were getting overwhelmed by the army whose sole purpose was to destroy anything that git in it's way. I looked over at where Bale stood and I noticed he was vulnerable.

I made my way through the crowd while ducking and sidestepping swords, daggers and other types weapons. Finally after much pushing and shoving, I stood with my dagger and I stabbed toward Bale's heart.

In an instant, my plan backfired. Bale turned, grabbed my wrist and stabbed me through. The sword stuck comically out of my chest. I flinched at the momentary pain, but then I grabbed the hilt of the sword and took it out.

I was about to swing when I was tackled by Sebastian. I felt my head hit the concrete floor and I'm pretty sure I blacked out at some point. When I stopped seeing darkness, I noticed that Bale was gone and I saw Sebastian leave along with his army.

I stood up and walked over to my friends. The moment I did Victoria slapped me. It hurt for a moment and then it went away.

"Sorry." I said sheepishly. I had no idea what to say to someone when they found out you were immortal.

"Why didn't you die?" Daniell asked curiously.

"Excuse me for getting stabbed." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's not that you got stabbed. It's the fact you weren't in the least bit hurt or injured by a sword that stuck you through." Viktor said examining me.

"I know for a fact we all have our secrets we don't tell anyone. Mine just happens to be that I'm immortal." I said rather unceremoniously.

Their jaws dropped and they looked beyond astonished. Victoria was the first to recover.

"You can't die?" She inquired.

"Or age?" Hama asked next.

"Technically I can age if I want to, but I can't be killed. I can feel pain and get tired, but I don't need food, water and air." I explain.

"But right now that's not important. We need to get to your dimension before Bale can do anymore damage." I continued. I walked over to the portal which was now changing colors.

"That's a bad sign." Observed Natalie.

"Every dimension has a different color and if the portal is changing than we have no idea what dimension we might jump into." I observed.

"Well, how about we split up into teams and try to find our way home?" Suggested Johnnie.

"That might work, but two people is the largest this portal can take at one time." I remarked.

"Then that's what we'll do." Joseph said. "Lets partner up."

I was going to go alone since now we made eleven. I told them about how this portal punched a hole in the multi-verse and we could use that to our advantage by creating our own temporary portals. After a minute of planning, we jumped into the portal with our partner.

Victoria jumped in with Daniell, Catherine with Johnnie, Joseph with Ron, Hama with Victor, Natalie with Heath and finally me alone. The portal turned a jade green and I jumped in.