Chapter 24: Help From Strange Places

Victor's point of view

I was transported away from the arena to my house. Home for me is a small house a few paces from the busiest docks in Motonishi.

I set down my bag filled with empty vials, potion-brewing equipment and miscellaneous potions. The elementals would need help with this war knew just the people who would help.

I left my house not soon after arriving, but I hardly like staying in one place for too long. I locked the door once more and headed out.

I strolled down the docks seeing familiar and unfamiliar faces alike. This place had been my home for as long as I could remember.

My father had a tavern here that was passed on from his grandfather to his father and finally to him. The tavern's name was 'The Sailor's Rest Stop'. It was very popular and brought us plenty of money for a good lifestyle, but my father was a greedy man.

While I was supposed to inherit the tavern when my father was too old to work, my father had gambled it away when I was ten in order to get even more money.

We were homeless until we found work on a pirate ship. Being a pirate after the Second Great Flood isn't anything like being a pirate of the olden days.

It's just as illegal, but we had better luck and health then the pirates from before the Second Great Flood.

It was a fun place to grow up.

It's where my talents as a potion worker were best used. I made potions to keep the entire crew healthy and invisibility potions.

As long as I helped them, they'd purchase potions books for me to learn from and master.

I finally reached where the ship I worked on for four long years was docked. The ship was retired not soon after I left to go join the Gladiators and my father went to go travel the world.

The rest of the crew hadn't been arrested due to the fact we had only attacked ships at night and no one (except my friends) knew it was us.

I walked up the ramp and onto the ship where my old family lay about. Half of the thirty of the crew lay in hammocks while the other half did chores.

"Ahoy, my old crew mates." I shouted to them.

It was time to pull some strings.

Morgan's point of view

You could say I'm lucky to have my powers, but in fact it's really a curse. I hate it.

That's a total lie. I am so lucky to have my powers. I can be where I want, when I want and what time I want.

That's why I'm never in a rush, but for now I'd at least try to act like I'm on my way to something urgent.

I flashed through different eras and dimensions at speeds that should be impossible for anyone, but not for me and others like me.

Then after another short eternity, I arrived at headquarters. After living in my dimension and visiting others like it for most of my life, the architecture of the time-travelers headquarters was astonishing.

If I even described it to you, the readers of this story, your brain would explode.

Nah, I'm just kidding again. Also don't worry I won't tell the others that we're in a story, it'll ruin the action.

Where was I going with this again?

Oh! Headquarters. Architecture. Description. That stuff.

The building was made of huge spheres hovering in the air connected to each other by floating triangular steps that were used as bridges from sphere to sphere. I walked to the entrance of the spheres and entered.

I'll spare you the details of getting signed in and waiting to talk to the chief of the time travelers police.

Eventually I was well on my way to the chief's office. She's quite old. By quite I mean Gandalf old. She's a few thousand years old.

Her name is Dawn Olivia Fae Tyme. Her last name always made me laugh. I always found a way to annoy her and I always enjoyed it.

She looked like a business lady with her auburn hair in a tight bun and a standard police uniform, but she always looked like an  eighteen-year-old celebrity you see in movies with her lightly tanned skin and silvery grey eyes.

I made it to her sphere at the very top of the strange building and opened the strange sliding door.

She was sitting at her desk writing something down. Her desk was cresent-shaped and it was surrounded by eight chairs that were very strange due to the chair's many curves and wavey wood structure.

The rest of the room was filled with strange and abstract pieces of art and paintings of distant universes and dimensions that looked like they belonged in museums.

Behind Dawn was a huge projection screen that changed images every ten seconds. It changed from the wildest looking dimensions to calm ones in a matter of seconds.

When she heard me enter, she looked up from her paperwork and sighed. I had that affect on people. It's was always a fun and important thing to know who I can and can't annoy.

"What did you do now?" She asked. I pretended to look offended by that comment.

"I did nothing this tyme." I said with fake hurt. I couldn't help myself at that crack at her last name. She simply rolled her eyes at me.

"Morgan I've heard them all." Dawn stated. I was about to say she possibly couldn't have, but then a great comeback came to me. I smiled widely as I continued to talk.

"I don't doubt that," I said "you have been here since the Dawn of Tyme."

She groaned at that awful joke I just made.

"Anyone with an I.Q. of a very stupid rock could come up with that, Morgan." She replied frustrated by the mere presence me. "I assume that you came here for something other then to annoy me."

"Like I said before, I did nothing, but the same can't be said about the residents of my favorite dimension."

"Let's assess what damage your friends have caused." Dawn said punctuating the sentence with a sigh.

I sat down in the fourth chair to the left and got down to business.