Chapter 27: Army Life

Hama's point of view

Generation Forest is a beautiful forest to explore. It was the first forest created after the Great Flood and it is, in my heart and the hearts of other elves, the most stupendous place ever.

The forest is a beautiful splatter of every shade of green and brown. Vines climbed up the side of the eldest trees while young trees grew in places that sunlight was barely available.

The forest is the home of nearly all elves. The thing about elves is that we are simply plant elemental descendants that had gained pointy ears, great height and the trademark green eyes. Few elves had plant magic anymore, but I was lucky enough that I had been born with the magic.

From using the tiniest bit of my magic in Generation forest, I could sense what species a tree was, how old it was and how much it had seen.
The forest enhanced magic for all elementals, but for elves it was like eating a cup of sugar and drinking a large cup of coffee all at once.

This forest is definitely something unique and fantastic.

I looked forward and saw I had finally arrived at elven military homebase aka 'The Treehouse'.

'The Treehouse' was a large wooden building that wrapped around five thick redwood trees with large vines hanging from open trapdoors. From the outside you could see lots of activity just by looking at the six platforms alone.

I marveled at the building like I usually did and tripped face first. I threw my arms out at the last second and only scrapped my arms on the hard bark. The roots of 'The Treehouse' were notorious for moving suddenly and tripping elves.

I got up and dusted myself off. I heard snickers as I pretended nothing had happened. I just ignored them and walked away, but I turned when I heard yelps. The three elves that had been laughing at my fall were now on the ground themselves.

"What goes around comes around." I chuckled walking away like a boss. I  went off to the conference that I had been invited to that was to be held in 'The Treehouse'. I went up to the first redwood tree and grabbed onto one of the available vines and tugged.

The vines had been enchanted by plant elementals to grab the rider and take them all the way up to the entrance hall. The vine wrapped Its self around my foot and dragged me up into 'The Treehouse'. I let go of the vine and walked off.

I made my way upstairs through corridors and sat down in the meeting room.

Let the meeting commence.

Daniell's point of view

I slashed at the training dummy one more time and stopped. It barely made its halfway through the chest and I could barely contain my irritation.

Enchanted swords were extremely effective, but they were a pain to sharpen. I stabbed at the dummy again and again until it finally broke.

I waved my hand and attempted a  reforming spell on the dummy, but my earlier major use of magic seemed to have drained me of all magic. I stabbed the biggest piece left of the dummy and growled in frustration.

"That's the most emotion I've ever seen from you." I sheathed my sword and turned around.

There stood a fellow guard wearing shiny armor with the Motonishian crest of a two snakes and a tiger lily in the middle. I knew the guard as Edwin Morales.

He was pretty much a toned down version of Hama in the personality department. Physically he had titanium blond hair with very light brown eyes.

"That's not emotion." I simply stated. He laughed and picked up the head.

"To slice or not to slice? That is the question." Edwin said dramatically holding up the head.

"Har-dee har." I said. Edwin always got on my good side with his 'acting skills' as he called them.

"The real question is what's got you all riled up?" He asked tossing the head from hand to hand.

"Just the usual." I answered honestly.

"Oh." Edwin simply said smirking. He suddenly looked over my shoulder and then walked away after looking smug. I was very confused by that.

"What does that mean?!" I shouted at him.

"What does what mean?" I heard a voice say behind me. I spun around and found myself looking down on Victoria.

"Oh." I said realising finally what Edwin meant.

"Another intelligent conversation." She teased poking me in the side and I responded by poking her back.

"Sooo, are you gonna tell me?" Victoria inquired.

"Just guard stuff." I lied. She got that look in her eye that said she knew I was lying, but she wouldn't ask.

"The reason I came here is because I want to fight you, sword-on-sword." She declared.

"Why not?" I replied. I unsheathed my sword and made my way across the courtyard to get ready.

Victoria stood on the other side katanas drawn and ready. The conditions made for a very dramatic setting. The sun about to set, the magnolia trees were moving in the wind and lanterns were automatically lighting. Before I stopped my observations, I was almost stabbed.

I was thrown back to the match I was supposed to be paying attention to. I dodged just in time and brought my sword up. It's been a while since I fought against Victoria.