Chapter One

My name is Annabelle Howard but everyone calls me Anne, and by everyone I mean my family and my best friend. I was never the troublemaker, my best friend Abigail was. Any time she wanted to do something I always followed. Sometimes I wish I was more like Abigail but I'm known to always back away from a fight. Usually any plans of Abigail's would fail and I would end up having a consequence. My father learned that he couldn't ground me in my room, that's my safe haven. He couldn't take away any electronics because all I did was read. The only way my father could give me a consequence was to yell at me, you may think that's stupid but I am very sensitive. After this I would definitely learn from my mistake. I belong to the Bright Ridge pack. My father is the alpha. My mother died from an attack when I was 7. That was 10 years ago. I have bright blue eyes, and dark brown hair. My father says I am beautiful but I know deep down no one would want me, who wants a girl who can't even shift yet? I'm 5'8 and I love to run. I only run early in the morning when the air is crisp and silent. Maybe it's because I like to be alone most of the time. My family hired a special tutor to teach my sister, brother and I in the normal studies. My sister, Adeline is two years older than me and has already found her mate. They are perfect for each other. I have a little brother named Joe who is only 9. He is the most innocent kid I have ever met and I spend most of the afternoon's reading and watching him play on our swing set, occasionally joining him. My father is very strong compassionate but when anyone is in trouble he will risk his life to save them. My mother was beautiful and every step she took she walked with gracefulness. I used to read with her all the time in the great library, maybe that's a reason why I read so much, just another way to remember her. Soon we are going to have a huge ball at out pack inviting every back around us except one, the dark moon pack. Rumors are they are the most ruthless pack of all, but I don't believe in rumors unless I see them for myself. Sadly that will soon come true on the magnificent day of the ball.

{Authors note: Thank you for reading the first chapter of my story. Please comment any ideas that you have concerning the story and any other comments. Sorry for any spelling errors throughout the story. I'll be posting an update soon! Thanks so much!}