Chapter Fourteen

My eyes open and I look at the clock next to Vivian's chair. I have been asleep for five hours. I scramble out of bed but I fall being the clumbsy person I am. My leg shoots up in pain and I remember I need my crutches. I scoot my way over to the other side of the beg, grab my crutches and quickly steady myself. I walk over to the small window and I see a small piece of sun still poking out on the horizon. Then I hear grumbling coming from my stomach, and I know I need to visit the kitchen. I hope Liam isn't there, I don't want any business with him. I soon reach the kitchen and for the first time I realize how fancy and elegant it is. There is granite counter tops everywhere and the cabinets are made of polished wood. I reach into the refrigerator and pour myself a glass of chocolate milk. I walk into there huge pantry and grab some oreos. 

          "What are you doing down here so late?" asks a voice behind me. 

           My head shoots backwards and my mouth turns into a frown. Great the one person I wanted to avoid. 

         "The only other reason I would be in the kitchen I am hungry," I reply.

          "Guess you are going to have some company," he growls.

         "No thanks," I mutter while picking up my oreos and chocolate milk and walk away but before I leave the room he stops me.

          "Where do you think you are going?"

          "Anywhere but here. I'm not going to sit down and eat with someone who thinks I make up stories," I say and exit the room.

          I walk around the pack house trying to find a good place to eat and then I give up. I walk outside and into the hospital quarters. I quickly smell pine and fresh air engulf me as I continue walking. Soon I am at the front door and I don't know how to get it. I have by glass of chocolate milk in one hand and my oreos in another. I put the oreos under my armpit and attempt to open the door. Then all of the sudden I see oreos covering the ground beneath me. 

          "Crap," I mutter while scrambling to pick them up before the five second roll is over. I scavenge what I can and all there is remains a huge mess.

          "Do you need help there miss?" a lady asks behind me.

           I look up and realize its the same lady I saw at the front desk who gave me directions, "Sure it seems like I could really use some."

          She goes pack inside the hospital and comes back with a metal trash can. She starts picking them up and stuffing them inside the trash can.

          "Thanks so much for all this help," I say.

          "No problem. What are you doing here this late. It's getting dark," she adds.

          "I was coming to visit my friend Vivian," I reply, "do you know if there is any improvement in her heath?"

          "I'm sorry miss. She is still in a coma," she adds.

           "Alright thanks for the help. Do you think it would be okay if I come in and see her?" I ask.

           "I don't see any harm to it," she says, "come on in."

           She holds open the door for me and I crutch my way inside.

          "How are those crutches feeling?" she asks.

          "Well they are making walking around a whole lot easier and a whole lot less painful," I say.

          "I'm sure you know where her room is," she adds.