Chapter Twenty

Liam's POV:

                I shut the door to her hospital room. I know this is all my fault, I yelled at her, which made her want to run away. When she was kidnapped and tortured I could feel her pain, I wanted to go crazy. I would do anything for Anne, but my past keeps haunting me. I feel like if I get attached to anyone they will get taken away from me. I want to be a good mate for her but I just end up hurting her, and she pushes me further away. I walk away towards the front desk, but then I stop dead in my tracks. I place my nose high in the air and sniff my surroundings, where did Anne's scent go? I run back towards her room and rip the door open. I see the bed unoccupied and I can feel my wolf surfacing. I quickly push my wolf down, because I know that if Anne sees me with my wolf in control, she will be terrified. 

                 I turn around and face the guards, "where did she go!"

                "We do not know Alpha, she did not go out this exit, and I don't know where else she could have escaped from," one of the guards mumbles.

                 "Well look for her, she should not be on the loose, again!" I scream at the guards as they scramble to get a few guards to help on the search.

               I run out into the woods and transform into my wolf. My wolf is all black, with white paws. My eyes are bright yellow, and I look up at the gibbous moon, and let out a loud howl. I sniff out my mate and follow the trail that she took. I see a waterfall and the sparkling water is tumbling down the small cliff that overlooks a lake. I can feel that my mate is in pain, and I see her sitting on the cliff overlooking the large pool of water. I quietly walk up to her, but she notices that someone is here.

                "Who is there?" I hear her voice ask, and I can tell she has been crying. 

               I walk up to Anne and she tries to back away but she quickly looks down. She takes another look at me and seems to recognize me, "Liam?"

                I nod my head and walk up to her, but she tries to push my wolf away, "stay away from me, I don't want anything to do with you!"

              'I didn't mean to hurt you like that Anne' I say through mind link.

             She turns back around towards the waterfall and looks down, "you know how easily, it will be to jump?"

              My wolf growls, but I can't scare her more than I already have, 'do you know how devestated your family would be, you already lost your mom."

             She turns back towards me, her face full with anger, "don't talk about my family."

              'Please step away from the cliff,' I reply.

              She starts to stand up, "you know what, you need to stop acting like you care about me! It is obvious that you don't give a crap about me. As soon as I feel like you are starting to open up, all you do is slam a wall right back up. You think I am the messed up one, why don't you take a look in the mirror."

                  I can't believe that is how she feels. 

                 'How can you think I don't care about you, we are mates," I say.

                "Not all mates like each other, sometimes the Moon Goddess may be wrong," she says and then looks down, "maybe she got us wrong."

                 My wolf is threatening to come out, but if it comes out, she will always look at me with fear, 'we are not wrong for each other, maybe we should just start over.'