Chapter Nine

I look at my phone and the word, Adeline, is flashing brightly all over the screen. I quickly slide the phone and answer, "Adeline, is that you?" 

          "Oh my goodness, Anne, is that you? We have been so worried about you. Where have you been.

          "I am at the Night Moon Pack, they kidnapped me, is everyone okay at home? How is Joe?" I say just blurting out random questions.

          "Anne, the real question is are you okay? You are in the most vicious pack in the world. Are you hurt. I'm telling dad to send people up there now."

          "Adeline wait," I yell, and Vivian gives me a look that means shut up or we will be caught, "Hey are you still there?"

          "Yeah,"she sighs.

          "I have the perfect plan, Vivian and I are going shopping at some mall close to the pack. I'm sure the Alpha will send someone with me to accompany me. If we get the person watching over us distracted we can make a run for it."

          I get a look from Vivian and she obviously has something to tell.

          "Hold on," I say with my hand on the phone, "What?"

          "We don't even know if we can leave pack grounds," she replies.

          "I guarantee we can, all he will do is send someone I promise, this will work."

         "And if we get caught. What then?" she asks.

          "Then I will place the blame on me and say you had nothing to do with this."

          Vivian looked like she wanted to argue, but I needed to speak with my sister.

        "Adeline are you there still?" 

         "Yeah, I've been waiting for a while though," she replies with a laugh.

          "If the plan is in action I will text you the letter A, and only A, if the plan is off you will receive no text message from me. You understand?" I ask.

          "Yes, I understand."

          "Wait and one last thing make sure Joe, knows that I'm okay. But make sure you don't give too much away."

           "I got it," she says, "and stay safe."

          I hear a buzz noise and I know she has ended the call.

          I look at Vivian, "We might just be getting out of this place."

          "We still are missing part of the plan, we have to ask for the Alpha's permission."

          "He gave us the money, what else do you think we would use it for? He has to know I need new clothes and the best place for that is the mall," I say.

          "Okay, but I'm not going with you to ask the Alpha, you can go on your own this time," she replies.

          I roll my eyes, "Fine, if I don't come back in like twenty minutes, start planning my funeral."

        Before I leave I throw my phone onto her bed, "Keep careful eye of this and make sure no one knows it is here." 

            She nods and with that I am off to the Alpha's office. When I get there I open the big doors and luckily he is alone this time.

          "Hey," I say with my voice really high.

           "What do you want?" he mutters.