Chapter Seventeen

I look down at this little fluffy puppy and know that if I can manage to keep it, she will become one of my best companions. I can see the gigantic pack house ahead, and I start to think about what to say to Liam. 'Hey look at this cute little puppy, can we keep it?' That sounds too childish. 'I found this puppy all alone it needs help.' I don't think he will fall for that. I instantly know my best option is to just hide him, hoping that Liam doesn't know another dog is here. I approach the pack house door and quickly stuff Ginger inside my shirt. I know it will obviously draw attention, but all I need to do is run to Vivian's room. Ginger starts whimpering inside my shirt. 

             "Shh, It's okay, you will be out of here soon, but for now I need you to be quiet," I whisper.

             She instantly settles down and I quickly open the door and sprint towards Vivian's room. I hear a deep voice yell my name, but I don't stop. I rip open the Vivian's door, and slam it shut. I turn around and lock the door, I rapidly scan the room trying to find a temporary spot for Ginger. 

            I hear bangs on the door, "Let me in!" I instantly know the voice. Liam. I quickly open the closet and stuff Ginger inside, and throw some of Vivian's clothes on top of her. 

             "I know you are hiding something, now open the door, before I break it open myself," he booms.

             I run over to the door, catch my breath and open the door, "Yes?"

              "What is that smell on you?" he asks while making his way over to sniff me. I try to back up but I soon hit the edge of the bed. 

                He grabs my arm and looks me dead in the eyes. I look at his eyes and there is black swarming inside of them.  

                "Why do I smell another dog on you?" he asks while having a chain like grip on my arm, "Answer me!"

                  He drags my body and slams me up against the wall with a great force. 

                  I know I can't keep the secret, "I found a little puppy in the woods, and wanted to keep it. I named her Ginger."

                 Liam rolls his eyes and pushes me harder against the wall. Black starts to splotch my vision. 

               "Liam, please stop. You are hurting me," I add.

               He instantly lets me go and I start to fall to the floor. I don't feel the fall, but I feel arms wrapping me up. 

              "Anne, don't black out, I'm so sorry," he says and I look up at his eyes and I see they have returned to his dark brown color. 

              Before I black out my eyes drift to the ground and I see Ginger walk out of the closet. She starts running up to me but before I see what else happens I am completely dragged under. 

              My eyes awaken and I see a tall and slender woman, her back towards mine.

             "Hello? Who is there?" I ask, my sounds like it is echoing and I know I am in a dream.

              The woman turns around and I recongnize her, it's the Moon Goddess. 

              "Hello Annabelle," she adds her voice sounding like an angel.

               "Why have you called me here?" I ask.

              "Because the war is approaching faster than I could have assumed," she says, "the war will happen within two months. The rouges are preparing, getting ready to fight. They will come after you."