Chapter Ten

The growl that I heard in the distance was not just in my imagination. 

                 Seconds later, my sister runs into my room, awaking me from my sleep screaming, "Are you okay? Did you just hear that?"

                  She assumed I was frightened. She was right. He was a ruthless Alpha and I was scared if he forced me to go back. I wanted to stay with my family. I wish my mom was here. She would've soothed me and made sure that I was safe. 

                  "I'm fine but I am kind of hungry," I say. I ate a few snacks before I went to bed but, didn't eat any dinner. 

                  "Sure, I'll make some dinner," she comments, "Do you have any request?"

                  "Can I have mac & cheese," I say. Right when I say that, I remember how I had mac & cheese at the Alpha's pack house. 

                   "Actually," I blurt out, "Can I have pizza instead?"

                    "Of course," she replies. 

                    We walked down the steps and she picks up the phone. She dials the number for Pizza Hut and orders us a large sausage pizza. We chat for about 15 minutes about what has happened while I was gone. The doorbell ringing interrupts our conversation. Adeline opens the door and gave the delivery man a twenty dollar bill. She got her change and walks inside with the delicious smelling pizza.

               "Mmm this smells amazing," I say, "I haven't had pizza in what seems like forever."

               "I don't know if I could live without pizza," she adds, "Joe, the pizza's here!"

                I hear loud footsteps racing down the hallway and see Joe's bright face. He walks up and plops down in the seat next to me.

                 "Joe do you want a slice of sausage pizza?" I ask.

                  "Yeah."

                  I pick Joe and myself a few slices of sausage pizza and walk back to the table.

                "How's school?" I ask Joe.

                "It's fine," He says, "but third grade is a lot harder than second."

                 I laugh, "Well it isn't gonna get any easier."

                I gulf down my pizza and soon return to get another slice. 

                "I'm going back to my room to read," Joe says.

               I simply nod my head and watch him walk back towards his room. After a while I return to my room as well. I walk in and my room seems old and distant. Blue paint scatters the wall, and my bed is messy just like I left it. I fall onto my bed and let out a deep sigh. I hope the Alpha does not find me here. If the Alpha finds me or Vivian here, I don't know what he will do to me, or my family. I don't know what I would do if he tries to hurt my family, but I do know that I will fight to the death for the people I love. With that thought, my eyes drift close and I fall asleep. 

              I wake up tomorrow morning and get dressed. I slip on some leggings and grab a tee shirt. I grab an apple and finish it at the kitchen table. I walk to the shoe closet and borrow some of Adeline's tennis shoes. I decided that I was going to go for a walk around the territory. Probably not the smartest idea but I wanted to get some fresh air. I also wanted to explore my father's territory. I remember when I was 6, my mom and I would go on walks all the time. They were mostly in the morning when the sun was about to rise. We would go to the edge of the territory to watch the sun rise. I rested my head on her shoulder while the trees cast a shadow on us. The sun rise made the whole sky turn an orangish- pinkish color. I wish she was here right now and we could enjoy this moment together.