Chapter Two

It was the day of the ball when I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in," I said while looking up from my book.
Abigail came barging into my room dragging a dress behind her and carrying a box in her hand.
"Your father told me to bring this to you," Abigail replied while motioning to the dress.
I finally had a chance to take a good look at the dress. I smile when I see it. It is a flowy white dress with flowers at the top and bottom. I love it!
Also, there were sparkly shoes with a bow at the top.
"What's in the box," I ask.
"Makeup," she answers.
I don't usually wear makeup and when I do, I don't put a lot on. Abigail wears makeup everyday, but she doesn't go for the natural look.
"I don't think so Abigail," I said.
"Please," Abigail begged, "I will only put on a little bit."
I knew she wouldn't do as she said, but I let her do it anyway. This was the first ball that I was going to attend. I wanted to make a good impression, especially if my mate might be at the ball.
Abigail dragged me into my bathroom and forced me into a chair.
"Close your eyes," she demanded.
"Why?" I questioned.
"I don't want you to see the look till I'm done," Abigail replies.
"Okay," I said, "Oh, and try not to take forever."
45 minutes in and she was only done with my makeup. Then, she started on my hair.
"Do you want your hair up or down?" She asks.
"Down please," I answer.
"Sorry, but I'm doing it up," Abigail announced.
I roll my eyes. I should have known that she was going to do the opposite of what I said.
Luckily Abigail brought her phone with her and my favorite song came on, flashlight by Jessie J. We both look at each other and start humming with the song. Soon enough Abigail is finally done and allows me to look into the mirror. Wow, I look stunning. My makeup is all natural like I wanted, and I'm surprised she kept her word. I have silver glitter on my eyes and liquid eye-liner. I also have a little blush on my cheeks and shiny pink lip gloss that is covering my lips. My hair had a small braid in the middle that goes to the other side of my hair. The rest of my hair is curled and pulled to the side in an up-do.
"Abigail, thanks so much how can I ever repay you?" I ask.
"There's no need for anything in repayment. That what friends do!" Abigail replied with a smile.
Whoever Abigail's mate is, he better believe that he is the most luckiest person in the world, because my best friend Abigail is one of a kind. Sometimes I question why she is my friend, but I would never ask.
"When is the ball?" I question.
Abigail looks at her wristwatch, "OMG were gonna be late," Abigail babbled. "Hurry up and put on your dress and shoes. We have 10 minutes before we are required to be there! HURRY!"
"Okay, okay I'm going calm yourself," I mumbled. I put on my dress and shoes on in record time. "You happy now?"
"So happy but still hurried, let's go!" Abigail motioned.
I picked up my dress and followed her down the corridor, heading toward the ball room. We stop at the top of the stairs that lead into the ballroom. I see my father and gulp.
"There you are. Where have you been?" My father questioned.
"U-ugh, w-well Abigail was doing my makeup and we lost track of time. I sorry father." I uttered.
"You look beautiful daughter," my father reassured, "You're mother would have loved to be here with you today."
I look up at him and I instantly I run over and give him a hug. I know it's hard for him to speak of mother.
"Alright," my father ordered, "Open the doors."
We walked through the doors and my eyes couldn't believe what they saw.