Chapter Nineteen

I smell a faint scent, but when I try to open my eyes, I am back in darkness. I can feel the paper bag over my head. I try to move my hands but my hands start to burn, I am sure chains are locked onto them. I can hear wet drops dripping on the ground, so I know I am underground somewhere, most likely in a cellar. 

             'Anne, Annabelle,'  I hear a voice say in my mind. 

             'Liam?' I question.

              'Where are you, I have not been able to track your scent. When I find you, you will be punished,' Liam growls, and I can tell he is not in a good mood.

              'What do you mean I will be punished, what did I do?" I ask. Who does he think he is? What does he think I did?

              'You ran away, stop playing games with me,' he mutters back towards me.

               'You seriously think that I ran away? I was kidnapped!' I feel betrayed that he thinks I would just run away. Well, I guess I understand I did already try and escape.

               'Yeah and you expect me to believe you? If so where are you?' he questions.

              'I truly don't know, I can't see anything at the moment,' I reply trying to get him to trust that I am telling the truth.

                'Then how am I supposed to find you?' he says while growling deeply. I can feel his anger swarming through his mind.

                 'I will be fine, I wish you,' I was cut off by the door opening and loud footsteps coming towards me. I close my eyes not wanting the light too blind me. 

                 'What is going on,' I hear Liam say in my mind, but I block him out not wanting him to distract me. 

                 I open my eyes and see a man probably around his thirties stare at me. He has hazel eyes and short blonde hair. I start to look around me, trying to see if I can find any hints to where I am. I freeze in place knowing that I can teleport out of here, but I don't want to show anyone my power. 

                 "Do you know why you are here?" he asks looking directly towards me. 

                 I shake my head no but ask a question, "how did you get me here, I know you shot me but I instantly blacked out, what happened?"

                "It is called a tranquilizer gun," he mutters.

                I nod my head and try to move my hands again, but they still won't move. I scream in frustration.

               "Don't try and escape, it is useless. We want you here because you are Alpha Liam's weakness. If he knows you are here, he will try and get you back, and when he gets here we can finally kill him."

               A giggle escapes my lips, "there is so way he will come and get me. He honestly hates me and he would not risk his life to save me. Besides he has put my life at risk a ton of times and he has never cared."

               "You may think he won't come for you but I promise you that he will come if you are in pain, he can feel your pain," he says with an evil smile on his face.

                I see him leave and know its my time to escape but he returns before I can teleport. 

               "Hello Alpha Liam, we have your mate here." he mutters and shows Liam me sitting weakly on the ground.