Chapter Fifteen

"Thanks for that awesome speech."

I turn my head around and see Vivian's eyes weakly open. I drop my crutches and run over to her hospital bed. She has huge bags under her eyes and her skin is pale white. I don't even recognize her.

"Vivian oh my gosh!" I yell, "How are you feeling. Do you need anything. Let me go get the nurse."

"Anne I am fine," she replies, "but you might want to tell a nurse that I'm awake."

I immediately get an idea, "Vivian this can be your chance out. Nobody else knows that you are awake, you can go back to my pack."

"I am not leaving you and besides remember the last time we tried to escape. I know what the price for my freedom is, and I don't want anyone else to suffer," she replies.

"Vivian you might never get another chance to get out of this place," I say trying to change her mind. I know it would be terrible living here without her but she could have a different life.

"Anne, I know you are just trying to look after me, but this is my choice I am going to stay here with you," she adds.

"Okay do you need anything. I should probably go get the nurse," I say while walking to the door.

I turn around, "Last chance to change your mind."

"My mind is completely made up."

I nod my head although not agreeing with her choice. I open the wooden door and slip my way out. I walk over to Thea, the front desk lady.

"Vivian is awake," I say, "can you come and take a look at her to make sure that everything is fine."

"Sure but where did your crutches go. If you want your leg to get better you need to use your crutches," she says.

"They are inside her room on the floor, I will pick them up when I go back into her room. Can you please check on her now?" I ask.

She nods her head and starts walking into Vivian's room. She opens the door and goes immediately to Vivian's bed. Before she does anything else she looks towards the floor where my crutches are, motioning for me to pick them up. I quickly pick them up and my leg feels so much relief.

"Hello Vivian, I have heard a lot about you. My name is Thea Malleon. Is there any part of your body that is hurting? she questions.

"My head is booming with pain. Everything else doesn't hurt, it just feels a little sore," she replies.

"I will go get some pills to help with a headache, I will be right back," she says and she leaves the room.

"Hey are you sure you are feeling okay?" I ask.

"I am sure, you can stop worrying about me now," she says.

"Sorry you were in a brutal car accident, and you were in a coma," I reply.

"Let me remind you that you were also in that car accident," she adds, "how are you doing?"

"I am fine, it was the initial shock that was actually the worst. A few glass pieces entered my legs but now I have these," I say while motioning to my crutches.

"What happened to everyone else in the car?"

"No one else got hurt just you and me," I add.

"Wow, how did they get lucky and have nothing happen to them," she says while giggling.

"Yeah I don't know, the car accident was all the Alpha's fault," I reply bitterly.