Chapter Three

What I saw when I walked in was breathtaking. My eyes first darted to the giant chandelier hanging from the middle of the ball room. On the left side there were tables lined with food like chocolate, cake, brownies, cookies, and cupcakes. Along the right side of the wall there were dozens of circle tables with ten chairs around the circumference. None of the tables were being occupied, everyone was on the dance floor. Everyone dancing was in luxurious gowns which were all different colors but most were covered in lovely jewels. All of the guests have huge smiles that were plastered on their faces.
         "Do you like it sweetie?" my father asked.
         "Like it? I love it! This place is wonderful," I exclaimed.
         "Alright everyone, time to make our appearance. Start walking down the stairs," my father ordered.
          My family and I start to walk down the stairs and before I know it all eyes are on us. I instantly start to get nervous but I shake it off. Soon we are at the bottom of the stairs and everyone starts to curtsy towards us, then everyone goes back to what they were doing before. I spot a red velvet cupcake which is my favorite cupcake ever. I run over to them very quickly probably thinking someone was going to steal them from me. When I reached the table that held the cupcakes I realize that there are dozens of these cupcakes. My father probably remembered they were my favorite. I start stuffing my face with the delicious cupcakes until I hear a voice next to me.
      "Woah if you keep eating that fast you're gonna get a huge stomach ache."
       I turn around and see Abigail standing next to me with her arms crossed
       "Sorry, sorry," I blurted.
       Abigail eyed me one more time and then looked at the cupcake in my hand.
      "Alright I'll put it down," I sigh throwing the cupcake in the trash can. I can't believe she would let a perfectly good cupcake go to waste.
       Out of the corner of my eye, I see Abigail staring at something. I follow her gaze and see she is looking at not something, but someone.
       "Abigail," I say waving my hand in front of her face, "ABIGAIL!"
       "What," Abigail babbled.
       "Who is that?" I ask while gesturing to the man she was staring at.
       "Mate," I hear him say
        I squealed. I had to admit that I was a little jealous at first because I haven't found my mate yet, but after that quick moment of thought I was happy for her.
         "What's your name?" I ask.
          "Tyler," he replies.
          There was a minute of silence until I asked, "what pack are you from."
          "Um..." he starts to answer but Abigail cuts him off.
          "Wanna dance," she asks Tyler.
           He nods his head and they head off.
           I stand there until I look out the window and notice that the sun is setting. I decide that I'm going outside to witness the beautiful sunset. I head out the back doors and sit on a bench near the woods. I hear twigs snapping and look into the dark woods.
          "Who's there?" I ask in a frightened voice.
           Of course I let my curious self get the best of me. Before long I realize that I'm already in the woods and far into it. I hear a growl somewhere beside me. Or was it in front of me? I can't remember, but I know I should probably start running. I start sprinting to my pack's house when I feel a pain in my leg. Something trampled me to the ground. When I look up I see a black wolf with yellow eyes looking into mine, like he was staring through my soul.
          I stare into his eyes and can't believe what I saw. Before I could say anything I blacked out.

         {AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry if you have been waiting for this chapter. I am currently writing two books. Please spread the word about this story and my other story Unwanted Changes. Thanks so much for reading our story and please leave a comment with any suggestions.