Chapter Four

I woke up in a dark and unfamiliar room. Everything around me smelled like copper rust. I flicker my eyes open even wider and I finally realize it, I'm in a jail cell. I look straight forward and there is a steel door separating me from the outside and my escape. All around me there are old looking blocks of stone, keeping me inside this prison. I try to stand up to call for help but there are copper chains keeping me pinned to the ground. Ugh I try to yank out of them but it's useless. I look down at my leg and there is a huge scar with fresh blood surrounding it. When I try to move my leg I instantly feel the sting. I touch a spot right below my cheek and I instantly know there is a bruise there. Although I can't see it I would guess it to be a purplish blue color.
    Since I know I can't bang on the cell doors because I'm chained down I know there is only one thing for me to do.
    "HELP," I scream, "WHAT HAVE I EVEN DONE TO YOU. THERE IS NO REASON I SHOULD BE STUCK IN THIS JAIL CELL, I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG... WHEN MY FATHER REALIZES WHAT YOU'VE DONE I'M SURE HE WILL KILL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!"
    "Woah stop screaming you probably just burst my eardrums," says a voice nearing me.
    "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO SIT HERE LIKE A NICE LITTLE GIRL," I yell with a very raged voice, "YOU TOOK ME AWAY FROM MY FAMILY AND MY HOME!"
    "Sorry for your loss honey," says the man.
    "Don't you dare call me that, I don't even know you," I say.
    The man rolls his eyes, "Is there anything I can do for you?"
    "A piece of peanut butter and jelly would be great," I mumble.
    "Psh," the man says, rolls his eyes then walks away.
    I think of my family and how sad they would be when they figure out I'm missing. I'm gonna find a way out of here and back to you I think, back to where I belong. I remember how all the times Abigail and I would hang out, how Joe and I would always play on the swing set, and how my father would always try and find time to be with us. A tear starts to roll down my cheek. I know my father, Abigail and most of the other pack members will know what has happened, but what about Joe, he is only a little boy to find his sister has gone missing. I must return quickly. A tear falls down my cheek.
    "Mom if you are listening, please let my family know that I am okay and that I'm trying everything to break loose. And mom I want you to know that I miss you greatly and that I believe that your presence will be with me every step of the way," I silently pray.
      A long time goes by and I start to get very bored. I start counting the bricks that surround the wall.
     "Seventy-eight, seventy-nine, eighty, eighty-one...." I count.
     "You are expected to speak your trial to the alpha," the man interrupts. I roll my eyes as he unlocks my chains. I know this will be my time to escape, I try to think of a plan as he leads me to where the alpha awaits. Let me tell you the jail cells are a long walk from the house. It seems like I've been walking for hours until I reach the pack house.
          The pack house is huge. It's 3 stories high but it's very wide. I stop to admire it but don't get much time because the guy I'm following yanks me. When I see the inside my jaw drops. Not to say that my pack house wasn't luxurious, but this one was gorgeous. I didn't get to see much but when I walked in I saw the living room and kitchen. There are lovely decorations everyone including a huge flat screen tv on the wall. The kitchen has cabinets filled with food with I was highly fond of. I get yanked by the man again and this time I trip and fall onto the cold hardwood floor.
       "Ow," I say.
       "Should I be saying sorry," the man says rudely.
       "As a matter of fact you should," I remark.
       "Whatever."
        A few minutes later we arrive in front of a wooden door. The man knocks and a very deep voice says, "come in."
         When I walk in a pine smell wraps around me. I look up and stare into the eyes of the man sitting behind the desk, and instantly know who he is,

Mate.

(Authors note: sorry for not updating any time sooner I was just very busy these last few days. I hope you enjoy this chapter of The Mate of an Alpha and I hope to receive some feedback in anyway and feel free to message me on the message board + sorry for any spelling or any mistakes in general. Thanks for reading!)