Chapter Eighteen

I finally found my power, the one the Moon Goddess promised to give me. I take in all my surrounding and know that I am in a totally different place. I am at my old pack again. Wait this happened to me before, but I thought it was just a dream. I can't believe that I just teleported to my old pack. I sniff the air smelling the familiar scent of pine and maple. I look around trying to find any signs of anyone I know, but it seems everyone is scarce. I shrug my shoulders and start making my way to my house. While I walk I stomp on twigs and leaves hearing the crunch under my feet. I then see a huge flock of birds fly over my head and I smile, knowing I'm back in my peaceful place. 

            I open the door, "Dad? Joe? Adeline? Anybody here?"

           I was about to take of my shoes, but I realize I am still in my hospital clothes. I start walking around and my cold feet hit the chilly wood floor with every step. 

           "Who is there?" a childish voice asks, and I immediately know it is Joe.

           "Joe, it is me, Anne."

           "Anne?" he questions still not believing that it is me. 

           "Yes Joe, it is me," I answer, "where are you?"

            I see a small figure appear from behind the shadows, "Right here."

          "Where is dad and Adeline?"

           Joe puts his head down trying to avoid the question, "Joe?"

           "Dad is fine but..." he mumbles and doesn't finish the rest.

            "What is wrong with Adeline?" I ask, "answer Joe, come on, I need to know she is my sister too."

             "After the attack," he adds and I know he is refuring to when the Alpha came and threatened my whole family, "Adeline came down with something. We still aren't sure what is wrong with her, but we know she isn't doing good."

            I start to tear up a bit and I walk over to Joe. He tries to push me back but I walk right by him and towards Adeline's room. Before I enter her room I hear a booming voice in my head.

            Where are you Annabelle? I hear Liam ask in my head. Wait how can he talk to me? I know this is through a pack mind link, but I am not even part of his pack yet. I roll my eyes and I am sure the Moon Goddess had something to do with it. 

             I am in the hospital room I say trying to get him off my tracks.

            That is funny I am here right now he adds. 

            I block him out of my mind and enter Adeline's room. I see my dad sitting in a chair directly next to her bed, rubbing circles on her hand. I notice tears in my dads eyes, he had always been the strong one in our family after my mom died, and I guess it has all caught up to him now. Adeline looks very pale and she has dark bags under her eyes. Her eyes are weakly open and I can see her trying to smile when she sees me. 

             "Anne," she says with her voice croaking. 

            "Adeline, how are you doing?" I ask.

            "I have never felt better," she says trying to lighten the sad mood.

             "Dad can I talk to you, alone?" I ask.

             He nods his head and adds, "Joe watch Adeline."

             Joe nods his head and my father leaves Adeline's side. He walks with me into the kitchen.