Chapter twelve

It's time.

The time to show your inner talents. No, just joking.

You stood there, holding a cute-looking menu with two arms against you. Everybody waited for a sound in the awkward silence.

You were panicking silently for a few seconds when you realized there could be like ten minutes until someone actually realized our existence. You stood there, still feeling that it was very nerve-racking from the suspense. At every slight sound made by humans you flinched.

You sighed and lifted the menu over your head and said, "Ah... I can't take this suspense! Call me over when someone comes in k? I'm gonna be in the kitchen checking out food,"

The rest just nodded in approval, so you power-walked to the kitchen. You opened the door to be greeted with the chefs and a fruity gast of air.

"Mmm... Smells delish!" You say, making the chef blush and giggle.

"It's the cake that we're planning to serve on the menu," one says.

"Yeah, mixed fruit, it's the least you can make at a maid cafe," the other adds. "It's really a necessary in cafes like these,"

You nod pretty impressed, and began to explore other food items. There was a dish of Omu-rice on the counter, which was also seen in those Japanese maid cafes.

"Oh, this looks so nice!" you point at the plate.

"Mmhm! We were testing out recipes and seems like they all came out pretty nice!"

"As expected from A+ food tech students!" You smile. They laugh again and begin showing you around the small yet interesting kitchen.

You were really getting into the mechanics of the coffee machine when Mina called.

"(F/N)! The first group of customers have arrived!" she shouts. You turn your head in fright and awkwardly walk out.

Mina and Annie were leading them to their seats,  while you stood there with nothing to do.

"Ugh... Why did they call me out?" you mentally sigh.

"(F/N), there was a reason why I called you, one of curtains kind of died," Mina says, looking at a curtain with its pole unattached to the wall. "Me and Annie are going to fix it. Sasha will be helping out in the kitchen, and the other girls will be advertising outside... So you'll be doing the orders!"

"WHAT? I didn't even think of that! That's probably why you need a certain amount of members probably..." you thought. You snapped back to reality and walked up to the customers.

They were a group of 3 girls, didn't seem that bad. They looked friendly, probably wanting to try the food.

"Welcome, milady, have you decided what you want for today?" you bow and ask politely.

The girls looked at eachother and giggled.

"Hmpf, what chu laughing about? You know how it rolls in a maid cafe." you thought.

One of them finally say what they were supposed to.

"We'll take 2 slices of mixed fruit cake, a chocolate mousse and 3 iced chocolates," one of them said.

You nod and take down their orders. "Anything else do you ladies crave?"

"No thank you, that will be it,"

"Thank you, your order will be with you shortly," you bow, then scoot to the kitchen.

You wave your order in the kitchen and shout, "2 slices of mixed fruit cake, 1 chocolate mousse and 3 iced chocolates!"