Chapter 8- The Meaning of Friendship

I sit on my bed, staring at my gifts. Yesterday was amazing! We were awake for a very long time, if the clock was right, then until 4am. We listened to the music we found from Louis's radio and danced. There were some brief make out sessions, but it wasn't only between me and Louis. I didn't pay attention to who exactly was kissing who, but I know that Freddy was up to something... I just can't help wondering who he likes.
     My presents included a tube of bright red lipstick from May, a colorful card and some crumpled dollar bills from Russ, a book from Kora, a t-shirt with a cat pun on it from Nikki, an amazing origami star thing from Freddy, and lastly from Louis, my favorite songs with their albums and a kiss.
     We had the best night of our lives last night. We're not your average teenagers, with all the parties and boyfriends and piercings, ect. We're the type who will always be kids at heart and stick together no matter what. We're very close. It's pretty sad that Maria and Caitie didn't make it into the bunker with us.
     But somehow I know that they are perfectly fine. Or at least alive. I know they can't be dead. And this feeling isn't denial, it's just that deep down inside I know that they aren't dead. If we can ever get out of this bunker, we should try and find them... Although we don't know what's out there. On the outside of the bunker. I've thought about it, but there are endless possibilities of what the voice from the screen could've meant by "the apocalypse has begun".
     It could've been zombies maybe. Or bombs. Or global warming gone too far. Or maybe even death by radiation. As I said, endless possibilities. But whatever it is, this bunker doesn't seem to be phased by it and neither do the people inside of it.
     I hear laughs and shouts from outside my door, everyone else having a good time. I think of joining them but then I realize that I'm too lazy to walk over there.
I feel my eyes getting droopy so I set my possessions down on the bedside table and lay down. Then I peacefully drift into unconsciousness where I will dream of how life used to be.

______________________________________________________
A.N. Hi everyone, sorry this one's a short one, I have a little bit of writers block right now and I'm not as experienced at writing as most people on Wattpad are so I'm sorry. Please give me some feed back on if you like the story and how I can make it better in any way. Thank you for reading!