Chapter 39- Nightmare

Kora's POV
Freddy's arms are wrapped around me, my arms around him. The others had already left, except for Caleb who was dead. Cosmos appears in my lap, and he starts to purr as he rubs against me.
"Why don't we leave now... This place isn't the most pleasant place to be right now..." suggests Freddy, looking at the dead body of Caleb.
     "Yeah..." I reply.
     He grabs onto Cosmos and the next thing I know, we're in the square. There's a mattress in the middle, which was probably someone else's, but it's late so they're either busy doing stuff or they've just found somewhere else to sleep.
     Freddy stands up first and I do the same, steadying myself on him. We walk shakily to the mattress, Freddy still holding Cosmos. There are a few blankets there too, just in case it gets cold.
     Freddy sits down on the edge of the mattress, but I full on collapse, grabbing all of the blankets but one thin blanket and cocooning myself in them. Cosmos wriggles out of Freddy's arms and then cuddles up next to me inside my blanket cocoon. Freddy just sighs and lays down, pulling the one flimsy blanket over himself and rolling over so his back is to me.
     "What, I don't even get a goodnight?" I say playfully.
     "Kora... I'm not in the mood right now," he warns me.
     "Why not? I just want a goodnight! Sheesh."
     "KORA! I am not in the mood for this right now, ok?! I almost died and so did you."
     I take my blankets and Cosmos and start to walk away. Freddy stands up. But I know the truth. That is not Freddy. That is the evil man who tried to kill me. I have to go. I break into a run now, tears falling down my cheeks, half because I'm scared and half because he really hurt my feelings.
     He calls after me, starts to chase me, but eventually he gives up. I go into the nearest house, go up to the second floor, open a window, and climb onto the roof. I can see pretty much the whole town from up there. Pondwood isn't that big after all.
     I curl up into a ball, the blankets still cocooning me while Cosmos is purring which is the only reassurance I'm getting right now.
I then drift off into a nightmarish sleep with lots of Freddy yelling at me and chasing me. Which I know isn't the real him.
----------------3 hours later--------------
I wake up yelling, yelling for help because I had just woken up from another dream about Freddy getting mad. I had never, ever seen him be mad before. So I know that it isn't the real him.
I hear footsteps and I shrink back, trying to hide in my blanket cocoon. But there's Freddy.
"Kora, I'm so, so sorry. Are you alright?" he asks, reaching to me but I pull back. He puts his hands down and gives an understanding look.
"You aren't the real Freddy..." I say.
"You were yelling that in your sleep, and yelling for help too. It wasn't that hard to find you. But I didn't want to wake you up so I waited downstairs. A few people actually came by to see if you're alright. Especially Sasha and Autumn. But you scared Autumn so bad, she was about to get Louis to fly her up here so she could try to help you."
He stops for a minute, just looking off into the distance. Then he starts again.
"There's a reason... That I don't show that side of myself to anyone. It scares them. It scares me too. But sometimes, it just happens. Sometimes, that part of me just comes out and ruins everything. And then the sane part of me has to fix it all when I return to normal. Once, I snapped at Autumn. She was so scared, she wouldn't talk to me for a week. But strangely enough, when she was running away is when she met Louis for the first time."
He pauses for another minute, just looking at me.
"So I have to constantly be on guard, sometimes just leaving when I think that I'm about to snap. So I don't scare everyone. Because if I were to allow that part of me to be free, then I assure you that you wouldn't be my girlfriend, or even my friend to begin with. I'd be all alone, everyone to scared to be around me. So now you know..."
I take all of that in for a second.
"I have a secret too... I hate to be alone, hate to be left behind while everyone is out, being friends and having fun. That's why I just don't go to parties, why I never went to the fair with you guys, no matter how much anyone pleaded. I just don't like it..." I say.
We both sit back, looking out into the starry night. Then he turns to look at me, and I to look at him.
"Your secret's safe with me." he says.
"And your's with me." I reply.
Suddenly, are lips are connected. Freddy pulls me to him, his hands on my hips. My hands reach up toward his hair, pulling him closer to me.
The kiss was filled with lots of emotion. It was sweet, happy. But also sorrowful, probably for being angry at me. Nonetheless, it was a kiss and it was mine.
He breaks off for air. Our breathing is ragged and the only thing that fills the silence of the night for a minute.
Then I start to kiss up his neck, to his jaw, and then, teasingly on the corner of his lips. He moans, moving his head sideways and reconnecting our lips.
This time I break away. I cuddle up to him, now letting him into my blanket cocoon. Cosmos moves to near my feet, sticking his head out of a hole for air.
"Goodnight Freddy," I say.
"Goodnight Kora. I love you," he says.
I fall asleep, although this time my dreams weren't nightmares of Freddy, but happy dreams of us being together, and I was never left behind.
______________________________________________________
Hello everyone! Secrets were spilled! And wow, Freddy seems a bit scary now, doesn't he? Anyway, hope you enjoyed. And remember to comment your thought, ideas, and any mistakes I've made! Thanks for reading!