Chapter 21

Louis' P.O.V

Finally it is night time and the fireworks are about to start. Still no sign of Harry though did he get lost somewhere? I am nervous now what if he doesn't show up? I won't be able to kiss him tonight and this whole plan will be ruined. I sound like a thirteen year old girl going on her first date oh lord.

"Louis don't worry he's probably around trying to find us." Zayn tries to assure me. Yeah right. Suddenly I see a head of brown curls coming our way and I sigh in relief. Zayn pats me on the shoulder with a look like "i told you so" and I roll my eyes at him.

"There you are Harry. Where have you been all day?" Zayn asks him casually as he finally reaches us. He shrugs.

"Walked around really, almost got recognized by one girl and jumped by her mum. I ran for my life." I laugh and he smirks but I can see in his face he is not joking.

"Wait it's the mum that almost jumped you?" He nods and his eyes go wide like if he was scared

"I didn't grab no shoes or nothing Jesus I ran for my life" Niall says imitating Sweet Brown's voice and we all can't stop laughing now.

"Alright let's go everyone, fireworks are about to start." Liam says and we all head closer to the Ferris wheel since they were being thrown right behind it. Zayn walks in front followed by Niall and Liam with me walking beside Harry behind them. I feel his hand brush mine sometimes and I almost grab it but I have to go slowly. Not yet.

We lean against the fence and the other three start chatting. I look at Harry and he is staring at the stars with a small smile on his face. I remember how he's always liked the night sky.

FLASHBACK

"Harry why are we at a park it's nearly midnight?" I'm quite tired and I don't know why he brought me here. Suddenly he lets go of my hand and I see him walk towards a small hill and lies down on the grass. I quietly follow him and lies down beside him, taking his warm hand in mine. I turn to look at him and he is staring up at the cloudless sky with a small, peaceful smile on his face.

"Don't you finally feel at peace Lou? The silence around us and the millions of beautiful stars up there?" I frown a bit and suddenly I am wide awake but I have to admit he is right.

"This does feel nice. I never took you for the sentimental star lover kind of guy though." He shrugs

"I've always loved the stars."

END OF FLASHBACK

I smile at the memory, I remember cuddling up to him right after that and just staying there, lying with him for a couple hours until we finally decided to go back home. The fireworks finally start and the show it's beautiful. There are so many colors and they lighten up the sky. From the corner of my eyes I see Liam, Niall and Zayn quietly escape and walk away while Harry is too busy watching the show. I look back at him once more and he seems genuinely pleased. The fireworks seem to have cheered him up and he is looking up at them with a smile on his face. He seems to feel me staring and looks back at me. I smile softly at him and he smiles back. He seems to finally take notice that we are alone.

"Where are the guys?" He asks me and I pretend I don't know and continue to watch the fireworks lighten up the sky. I gain up my courage and decide to finally go for it.

"Harry?" He looks back at me questioningly, waiting for me to speak.

"I miss you" Those three words seem to cause something in him cause I see him flinch a bit right there but I keep going.

"I miss us Harry I want to go back the way we were, we were happy. You were happy I meant every word I said. All those kisses we had, nights we spent together just cuddling and sleeping together and when I would comfort you if you had a nightmare or you would reassure me during thunderstorms. I remember all of that and I have loved every single moment of it. I want it back I want us back. Please Harry you have to trust me on this, I love you so much." By now my eyes are tearing up and so are his. He seems speechless, probably not expecting a declaration of my love but it had to be said.

"L-Lou I-I don't know what to say..."

"Then don't say anything" I am going to regret this so badly.

"W-wh" Before he could finish I grab his face and press my lips to his. He is frozen at first and doesn't react, his lips still as soft as I remember but after a little bit I finally feel him melt into it and kiss back. I smile in the kiss at the fact that he is kissing back. Our lips move in sync for a minute and he still smells familiar of peppermint. It had been so long I have missed his smell and the taste of his lips. Suddenly I feel his body stiffen like he has finally realized what he is doing and he breaks the kiss, his cheeks wet from tears. I stare into his jade green eyes and see an emotion I did not expect after this kiss. Is that... fear?