Chapter 42

Mikaela

I watched as August placed Brie on the bed, then turned back around.

He calmly walked to the door connecting everyone else in the adjoining room. When suddenly he straight ran up on my father.

"August!" His mother called as I looked on and saw that August had my dad by his shirt collar, pinned up against the wall.

I ran towards them as everyone else looked on.

"I just came to see Brie," my dad said with his hands up in surrender.

"shut da fuck up," August said through gritted teeth.

"I know you left town, na' as soon as Brie is found you come back? You tryna shut her up befo' she gives too much details," August continued as his grip tightened.

My dad shook his head slowly, " I only left town to get more posters I'd had printed in a couple towns over,"

"What's going on in here?" The lead agent walked in saying, as soon as he'd seen the confrontation unfolding in front us all.

"Mr Alsina." He said to August, looking from him to my father.

August roughly let go of my dad, as he stepped back.

"We're fine," my dad said after a few seconds, fixing his shirt collar.

"Why'd you have to print the flyers so far. There are print shops here in Atlanta," I finally questioned my father from what he'd said a few moments ago.

Everyone was still looking at him with doubt on their faces.

"I didn't have a lot of money but found a printing press that offered to print an extra batch for free since they'd heard of Brie's case." He began explaining, " I borrowed this truck to collect the flyers up in Toccoa. It's this little town before the South Carolina border,"

He looked at all of us, " you can check the truck if you want. The receipts and flyers are all in there....I rushed back here as soon as I heard on the news that Brie had been found,"

****************
August

I listened as Mr Montgomery finished, and came to da realization dat his story did make sense.

"If everything is cleared up here. Brie's doctor would like to have a word with the two of you," the FBI agent interjected.

I nodded befo allowin Mikaela ta follow the agent first.

**************

"Good evening. I'm Dr Laurie," a woman who seemed in her late 40s greeted us once we'd gone to da another room.

"I know you two must have a lot of questions, so Dr Laurie and I will assist in informing you," The investigator added.

"Is Brie okay? Did they hurt her?" Mikaela blurted out

"We did a full examination on Abrianna. I'm happy to tell you that she seems to be in good health. We saw no signs of physical trauma or abuse in any way," Dr Laurie said with a small smile

"Thank God," Mikaela said with a sigh of relief, takin da words right from ma mind

"On da phone yall said you hadn't caught ha kidnapper. How da hell was she found then?" I asked

"Apparently she wasn't really found. She escaped," the agent smiled.

"An Alpharetta resident apparently found her in their backyard after she snuck out of the vehicle while the kidnapper was getting her some candy. She basically told him she was taken"