Chapter 55

Mikaela

I picked up Brie as we ran towards where we'd heard the gunshot go off. My dad was right behind me, as we quickly made our way down the hallway upstairs.

I stopped short in the doorway as I saw August sprawled across the floor clutching his head in pain.

"August!" I screamed as I ran towards him still in shock. My eyes frantically looked over him but could see no blood or wounds.

"Are you hurt?" I said desperately as I now noticed Noelle coming to her feet in the opposite corner of the room.

"No," he finally managed to say but still holding onto his left ear.

"Da shot ricocheted off the metal lamp stand, went off right nea' ma ear," he said as I realised the sound must've been painfully ringing through his ears.

Both our attentions seemed to click to Noelle since we'd realise she was behind Brie's kidnapping all along.

August tried to get to his feet quickly but she had already beat us all to it.

"Uh uh uh! Don't even think about it," she said as August's gun now came into view in her hand.

She pointed it towards us, as my dad stood a few yards away.

I clutched Brie in my arms, turning her face away from the sight of the gun.

"Da fuck's ya problem!" August who was now standing said, with the rage towards Noelle written all over his face.

She chuckled. "Oh what's my problem? Let's see...hmm? How about YOU and your bitch!"

August took a step forward at her words but I pulled his arm back, not wanting him to do anything too risky.

"What the hell have we ever done to you Noelle? Are you jealous? Is that it??" I looked at her seeing how weak she was even with a loaded gun in hand.

She smiled and looked down briefly, shaking her head.

"No you stupid cunt. That's the last thing I'd ever be when it comes to you people..." She said seriously.

"You, Mr Alsina, your sorry ass strung along my sister then to add insult to injury knocked up this bitch and fell in love with her." She began.

It now dawned upon me. "Helena was your sister.."

"Ding ding ding! Got something right for once huh?!" She said sarcastically to me.

"Yeah I'm her half sister. Our dad was stationed in the army in Germany when he met my mother there and had me. Thankfully in Europe you take your mother's last name when you're unmarried so I remained Noelle Lambeck even after my dad sent for me after my mother died.

By then he was already married to that bitch of a stepmother me and Helena shared. We had to stick together, since our father never believed what his wife was really up to when we told him her dirty ways.

In fact the only thing that whore ever did was sue you two...if you'd gone to prison Mikaela I wouldn't have had to resort to such drastic measures to make you pay for what you did to my sister"

"Man, I was never witcho-" August began but she cut him off.

"You were never with her, but you kept fucking her! Then after that fired her and ensured she was so depressed with her own life that she took it!! She killed herself all for LOVING YOU!" She yelled and her eyes glassed over as tears threatened to fall.

"Noelle I know losing family is difficult but, as hard as it is we can't go through life with hatred," I tried getting to her from a different angle