Too Shy to Say Yes

Chapter 1

****Kayla's POV****

"It's just another school year..." Vanessa said. 

"Pfft yeah right." I said. My best friend Vanessa and I were on the bus to school. She was trying to cheer me up, since I was not looking forward to school. We're in 8th grade and SHOULD be in middle school, but instead we're off to the high school. As you can see, I wasn't too thrilled about this. 

"So what if we're going to the high school Kayla? It's not that big of a deal." she said.

"Yeah it's not a big deal for you. You're not the youngest of three with freaking two older sisters that everyone loves. And it doesn't help that Jamie just graduated last year as valedictorian." I finished my rant. Yup, I've got two older sisters, Snow and Jamie. They were perfect Chinese girls. Both are geniuses, loved by everyone, teachers' favorite student, you name it. Even going into middle school, I was attacked by teachers asking about them. I was just seen as Snow and Jamie's little sister. 

"You saw how bad it was in middle school. Only five minutes passed before the prinicipal greeted me and asked how Jamie was as a senior and how Snow was at Brown University. And then Mr. Huckerman came up to me and asked the same exact things. At least 5 teachers asked about them in just the first day. And not a single one of them even cared how I was doing, like a normal teacher would. Imagine how bad it will be now." I said.

"Come on, I mean I get your point, but you'll still have me and Kristi and Connie and Becca. We'll be here to help." Vanessa said with a smile. 

Smiling back I said, "Thanks Vanessa. I hope you're right."

"When am I not?" she said confidently. Giving her a dubious look I said, "Do you really want me to answer that?" Laughing she said, "You don't trust moi?? I'm very offended!" Laughing at her I said, "Good you should be offended!" 

I gotta love my friends. Vanessa was one of my best friends. All of my friends really help me get through school. My best friends especially, since they get me the most. Unfortunately, there aren't alot of people who can relate to how I have it. I mean, there are alot of other people who have older siblings, but they don't have teachers constantly bombarding them. 

We talked and laughed the rest of the bus ride, but I started to feel depressed when I saw our school come into view. It's gonna be a long day. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK!!

This is my first story. I hope you guys like it. I personally find the beginning boring and slow, but that good be me since I HATE books that are slow. So, please be patience cause like I said, MY FIRST STORY!!!!

Kev (btw thats my nickname my friends gave it to me dont ask why)