Chapter 29

****Kayla's POV****

"Kayla." 

I mumble in my sleep, trying to find a good position.

"Kayla, wake up." 

I turn so my face isn't in the sun, trying to get more sleep.

"Wake up Kayla." 

Whoever was talking to me was starting to get more persitent. I kept my eyes shut and said nothing.

"Kayla wake up!" 

I grunted in my sleep and cracked one eye open. I saw Jay hovering above me. 

"What?!" I grumble. 

"Time to get up." she said smiling at me.

"Why?" I mumbled into my arm. I flipped so I was lying down on my stomach. Those plastic chairs can really hurt your back. 

"Because you need to" she said. I could tell she was smiling. 

"And again I ask why?" I say. 

"Because if you don't you will starve. Now get up." she said pulling at my arm.

"I don't wanna. Let go Jay." I whined.

"Get up!" she said.

"No!" 

"Kayla." 

"Let me sleep."

"You'll regret it." 

"I don't care."

"Oh I give up! You try getting her up." 

"Kayla." 

"What do you want Vanessa." 

"You need to get up." she pressed.

"What's so important that you have to deprive me of my sleep?" I snapped.

"The fact that it's 11:15." she said.

I sighed. "Fine!" I muttered. I swung my legs over the chair and got up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I unconsciously looked at Dustin, to see that nothing changed. I sighed, disappointed that yet another passed and he still wasn't awake. I walked out of my room and followed Vanessa.

We rounded the corner and I saw everyone waiting. I raised my eyebrow at them and turned to Vanessa.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We're going out to eat. You're coming." she explained.

"No I'm not. I'm staying here." I protested. 

"You haven't left this hospital in the past 3 and a half weeks. You need to see humanity again." Snow said.

"This is considered humanity." I said gesturing to all of them. 

"You know what we mean. Come on, let's just go out and eat. We're all starving." my mom said.

I looked back in the direction of Dustin's room. I didn't want to leave him. What if he woke up today? Not like it's likely since he's been in a coma for almost 4 weeks now. 

"We already told his nurse to call us if Dustin wakes up. Come on Kayla, you should relax and just go out with us." my dad said. I looked at them, seeing all of their hopeful faces. I sighed and nodded my head.

"I'll go, if we're back by 4." I said.

"Done." my parents said. Everyone got up and started heading for the elevators. I saw my parents, Dustin's parents, all my friends, and even some of Snow's and Jay's friends. They saw me looking and all waved at me. There had to be at least 15 people here. We better have enough cars.