Chapter 9

****Kayla's POV****

We started walking over to Friendly', just talking about nothing in particular. We were laughing at how stupid my friends acted when they saw us together. 

"Ha, yeah Vanessa and Kristi were gagging when they saw us kiss. They can be so immature, but I love them anyway." I said while remembering their faces. 

"Anything else you love?" Brent said with a wink. 

"Yeah, I love... Jacob Black." I said, teasing him. 

"Oh really? That werewolf dude from Twilight?" 

"Yup! He's so dreamy, and has an AMAZING body."

"Yeah and has fur sprouting all over his body." I heard him mutter. 

Laughing I said, "I'm only kidding. I don't like Twilight. But you're cute when you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous! Why would I be jealous of an over sized dog?"

"Because he's better looking then you." I said with a smile.

"Oh? So you rather date him then me?" he said looking offended.

Laughing, I leaned down and kissed his cheek. "Does that answer your question?"

"No. I think you have to do more then that." he said while pouting.

I started laughing at him. He is such a cutie. And he is such a romantic. Always finding an excuse to kiss me.

I bent down and planted my lips on his. It was meant to be short, but Brent kept me there. Fine by me. 

We pulled back for air cause he always knocks the air out of me when we kiss. 

"You're always finding an excuse to kiss me aren't you?" I said while smirking at him.

"You know it." he said while smiling. 

We kept walking to Friendly's holding hands. We were arguing on who was going to pay. He said that he was the guy and that he should treat his girl. 

"I'm your girl?" I said with amusement. 

"I would hope so, considering we are dating." he said with uncertainty.

Awww. He is definitely turning me into a love sick puppy. I hugged him just to give him reassurance.

"Come on, we're here. Lets go in." I said while dragging him.

"What do you want?" Brent asked.

"Uhh... I want a sundae but I don't think I can finish the whole thing."

"That's fine, we'll just share it."

"Kay, I'll go look for a table."

I walked away to look for a table. It was pretty crowded, but it's always crowded after dances. Everyone goes to Friendly's after a dance. I finally saw a couple leave their table, probably trying to get away from all these teens.

I quickly grabbed it and waited for Brent to come over. I can't believe he actually likes me. How could I never know? Now that I think about it, I remember Brent always staring at me, and if I need help, he's always right by my side in a flash. I may be rushing things, but I really do like him. I've been slowly coming out with my feelings for him. I could be just excited that there was finally someone who really liked me, and I could just be messing up with my feelings, but I do feel something when I'm with Brent. I feel all cozy and safe with him, even when we were just friends and I didn't know he liked me. 

I was so busy thinking about Brent that I didn't notice someone slide into the booth with me. I thought it was Brent, but then I saw Sophie. Ugh, I should've guessed she would approach me sooner or later.