Chapter 23

****Kayla's POV****

"I told you you'd make the team! Told you! Now we just have to wait for basketball season!" Becca shrieked. She was jumping up and down when I got the letter in homeroom saying I made the volleyball team. You'd think it wouldn't be that big of a deal, which it's not, but I guess Becca had too much sugar today.

"It's just the volleyball team! It's not like we won the damn lottery!" I said laughing at her excitement.

"I know that, but after hearing you constantly say you're not good enough to make the team, I can rub in your face a whole load of 'I told you so!'" she yelled. 

"Connie! Connie help! Becca's having a freak attack!" I yelled when I saw Connie around the corner. 

"What?! Is she okay?! What's happening?" she said frantically running over to us.

"I am not having a freak attack. I'm just happy for Kayla that she made the volleyball team!" Becca countered back.

"Really? Ha! I told you so Kayla! I told you so!" Connie said pointing a finger at me.

"Oh my god is anyone going to stop saying I told you so and become a regular person?" I said exasperatedly. 

"I think you should know that none of us are regular!" Becca said.

"Does Kristi know yet?" Connie asked.

"Not yet, and I rather not be there when she finds out cause I know she'll be ten times worse then you two combined." I muttered.

"What about Vanessa?" Becca said.

"She's out sick." (And HAHA!! TAKE THAT! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE WHEN I SAY THIS SO HAHA!! VANESSA'S NOT IN THIS CHAPTER!)

"There's my little volleyball girl." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Brent coming over with a smile on his face.

"Little? Please, I taller then you." I scoffed.

"True, but I'm older then you." he shot back.

"Oh don't bring that crap up again. You and I both know in maturity I'm a hell of a lot older then you." I shoved him.

"Thanks for the abuse." he muttered.

"Anytime." I smiled at him. "Now will you all stop fussing over me making a school team. Our district's teams aren't even that good." I muttered.

"So true, but you still made a team even though all last week you just kept saying you were, and I quote, 'A shitty athletic who was way over her head to even try and tryout for a team.'" Connie said.

"Oh don't quote me. I thought I wouldn't make the team okay, everyone thinks that when they first tryout. Now can we please just forget this and go to class." I said heading off to my next class.

I felt them trailing behind me, but I just ditched them since the bell was about to ring any second. I was about to walk into class when an arm blocked the doorway. I looked up and saw Dustin there smiling at me.

"Hey, heard the great news." he said.

"Not you too." I scoffed.

"Well aren't you little miss grumpy." he said guiding me in the classroom.

"Sorry, everyone keeps making a big deal out of this. Connie made the soccer team last season and nobody made it this big of a deal."

"That's because she was confident. You weren't."

"Oh I had every right to not be confident. I was probably the last resort for the team." 

"Oh shut up. The important thing is you did it. Now come on, let's go bore ourselves to death."