Chapter 19

****Kayla's POV****

"Hey cutie." Brent said smiling while pulling me into a hug. Ugh, why does he have to be so sweet?! 

"Hi." I said hugging him back. I didn't wanna let go cause I'm afraid this is the closest I'll ever get to him after today. 

I heard him chuckle and I felt his chest rumble. "Someone really missed me huh?" He said pulling back a little. 

"Yeah, I guess I did." I said cracking a small smile. 

He smiled back at me and kissed me. I could tell it was meant to be short, but I grabbed hold of his head and kept him close to me. I felt him chuckle again, but he kissed me back, grabbing my waist and pulling me close. My hands went up to his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. I heard a soft moan come from him. He nipped at my lower lip and I gratefully opened my mouth for him. I wanted this to be amazing, in case this was my last kiss with him. He let go of my waist and put one hand at the small of my back and one at my neck, holding me in place. I let my hands wander away from his hair to his shoulders and travel down his back. 

He pulled back and looked into my eyes with love and lust. I had to tear away from his gaze cause it made my insides squirm with guilt. I can't believe I could hurt him like this when he looks at me like I'm the most amazing girl ever. I felt my eyes starting to prick with tears.

I let go of him and turned away, trying to gain my breather back. I can't cry in front of him, he'll just pity me. I let out a shaky breathe and wiped away any water from my eyes. I felt his arms curl around me. 

"You okay?" he asked softly. 

"Brent, I have to tell you something." I whispered.

He whirled around to face me. He cupped my face gently and said, "What is it Kayla?"

My breath caught in my throat when I tried to tell him. I looked down dejectedly and said, "Please don't be mad at me." 

"I could never be mad at you. Just tell me what happened." he said gently. 

"I'm pretty sure you'll be furious after you find out." I said scoffing. 

"Kayla, you can trust me. Tell me what happened and I promise that I won't be mad." 

"I'll hold you out to that promise. Okay, you know how Dustin was over yesterday?" 

I saw his jaw clench a little before he said, "Yes."

"Well, we looked around for his jacket that he said he left at my house. We stopped looking and just relaxed on the couch." I had to stop cause my voice started to break. 

"Okay, what happened after that?" he said cautiously.

"Uh-Dustin and I were talking, and he-uh-he started to-he was complimenting me." I finally said after much babbling. 

"Complimenting you? Exactly what did he say?" Brent said slowly. I could see him starting to get a little pissed off. 

"Brent, don't get so mad. Dustin, he started telling me... that he liked my smile, and-uh-said I was-umm-beautiful." I muttered out. 

His eyes started blazing with anger. "And?"

I gulped and continued. "And he-uh-said I was-umm-cute and pretty and smart and was telling me I was... amazing." I whispered out. 

He took a deep breath and I could tell he was extremely angry at Dustin now. "Anything else?"

"Brent, please don't cause any trouble. This was as much as my fault as his. Don't get mad at him." I pleaded.