Alfies dance

*alfies point of view'

'And now ladies and gents its that time of the evening when I call you all up for the last dance'

There were a chorus of 'no's' and sighs I turned around to see Sophie draped round jacks neck and him kissing her, Zoe held hands with maz and casp the three of them swaying together giggling, Louise and Louis swayed laughing and I turned to see Elise looking up at me. She bit her lip looking nervous

'Will you dance with me' she asked putting her painted finger into her parted lips. A grin broke out on my face and I leant towards her wrapping my arms round her waist.

She hugged her arms round my neck running her cheek against mine. We swayed in our embrace to the lyrics to 'let her go' she pulled away slightly opening her mouth as if to speak then shook her head, tears appearing in her eyes. She leant her forehead onto mine and I felt my heart physically breaking as I held her against me.

I took my hands off her waist and lightly grabbed her cheeks (slightly wet from her tears ) I tilted her head and looked straight into her eyes. Like her I opened my mouth to speak but I saw a smile creep onto her lips as she looked past me, I turned to follow her gaze to see Finn smiling at her leaning against the table and he beckoned her.

I turned back to Elise desperately but she kissed my cheek right by mouth and walked past me.

I turned watching Finn put his arm round her and the two of them walking out of door. It was torture. I felt tears springing to my eyes I turned in the opposite directions to leave the room -

departing to the lyric 'but you let her go'