Chapter 11

Gray and Natsu were trying to balance on my tail, another contest stating who was better.

Everyone else grouped in between my wings.

We neared the place fast but not fast enough.

"Hold on to something guys." I said.

Everyone gripped the scales running down my back tightly.

I went as fast as I could, which was really fast.

We arrived at the palace an hour before the ball.

"Go get ready and act like a casual ball goer when it starts, we want to blend in and protect the princess." Erza said.

The boys went in a bathroom and the girls in another.

"Ok, I have plenty of gowns that can be changed at any time. Lucy, here's a white one. Wendy, a purple and green one. Erza, a blue one. Carla, here's a pink one. I got the grey one. Let's all change and do our hair." I said.

Once everyone was out of the stall I checked them over.

Lucy's was a strapless white with diamonds spread throughout it with lace around the top.

Erza's had sleeves that went to her elbows and darker blue lace around the top like Lucy's.

Carla's had straps and pink diamonds entwined with the straps and at the bottom.

When I came to Wendy I pulled down the lace at the sides.

"There." I said.

"Thanks." She said shyly.

It was like the others but purple, no straps and green lace towards the top but it had lace hanging below the shoulders (like Disney's Belle) it also had a emerald keeping the lace in place up top.

Mine was a simple gray with straps like Carla's but without the diamonds but mine had gray beads by the neck and hanging down below my shoulders (look at the picture if interested).

We all wore heels best matching our dresses and did our hair, heading out not a moment too late.

All three boys were wearing black tuxs, all mesmerized by our appearances.

"You guys look amazing!" Happy exclaimed.

"Aww, thanks Happy!" Lucy said.

"If we are doing this what are our covers?" Wendy asked, Happy and Carla by her sides.

"I already had that thought out. Your someone's daughter. Who wants to be the parent?" Erza asked.

"Or, someone little sister." I said.

"Okay, I guess that's a bit more reasonable." Erza said.

"Who's sister is she and what about Happy and Carla?" Natsu asked.

"She can be my little sister, and she couldn't come to the ball without her friends." I said.

Everyone looked to me.

I blushed.

"Cool, your a quick thinker." Lucy said.

"Always been." Natsu said, avoiding looking at me.

We walked to the ball room meeting quite a few people.

It was pretty easy to spot the princess and we were easily showing her up.

"Oh there you are!" She whisper yelled, walking over to us.

She had her purple hair up in a bun with strands around her face. Her dress was yellow with amethyst embedded in it at the waist and near the ends. Her shoes looked like amethyst as well.

"What do you want us to do?" Lucy asked.

"Act casual, do what everyone else is doing, be happy and watch everybody around me and in the windows. I'll pay you after." She said.

Once she walked away I started giggling.

"What's so funny?" Wendy asked.

"From the looks of her and her outfit, she could have definitely given us a better place to stay." I said.

Everyone gave polite laughs, suprisingly Natsu did too.

We parted ways, Wendy sticking with Carla, Erza and Lucy went off, Gray went off on his own only to be joined by Happy, which left me and Natsu.

"Perfect timing." He said grabbing my waist lightly and headed for the dance floor.

The princess talked casually near us when a slow dance song was played.

"Care for a dance m'lady?" Natsu asked with a bow.

"Why I think I do." I said grabbing his hand.

Others were going out to the dance floor along with us.

"Need some help?" I asked just after we started.

"A bit." He mumbled.

"I'll lead." I whispered.

As we danced the pace got faster and faster until we were going three steps in one second.

Finally it ended with us being the only pair left out there and ending it in a dip.

They played the last note and everyone around us cheered, clapping less elegantly than their clothing.

We walked off the dance floor confidently.

"Didn't know you could dance Natsu." Gray said.

They got into a humble argument but I was focused on the window.

I saw a shape move in the bush and I started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Gray asked.

"Nothing, I thought I just saw something in the bush over there." I laughed quietly.

"Well let's go take them on." Natsu said, trying not to get excited.

"Let's not jump to conclusions, I bet we can figure this out." Gray said as some random people walked past.

"I'm going to the bathroom, be back in a minute." I said as I saw the bush wiggle once more.

I walked slowly towards the bathroom and let myself in.

"Hello, what's your name?" A woman asked.

"Amy, yours?" I asked.

"Fier." She said.

I propped myself at a sink and dabbed my handkerchief lightly at my face.

"It is so crowded out there don't you think?" She asked.

"Yes, I've been trying to find a place to talk to my friend alone for a while, know what I mean?" I asked.

"Oh yes well, if you need another friend out there come find me." She said heading out of the bathroom.

I spent a few more seconds in there and walked out.

It was quiet in the hallway until a man with green hair and tan skin in a black suit walked into the hall.

He came straight for me.

I casually walked down the hallway, acting as if nothing was happening.

Just before I got back to the ball someone put a hand on my mouth and ropes around my wrists.

I never passed out though. I plugged my nose and hit the guy between the legs, running back to the ball.

"Princess! Someone just tried to take me away from here! Is he one of your men?" I asked.

Just when I walked in the main arch I saw everyone bound and on their knees.

But where was Natsu?

"Yes, it was all a set up, now if you will." She said pointing to a man next to her then to me.

Out of no where I dropped to the ground.

What a great time to black out.