Chapter 19

"Why don't we stop here for the night." I said dropping down into an alley.

"Okay." Lucy mumbled and layed down on an old bench.

I shifted into my wolf and nudged her leg.

She got up and layed down next to my stomache, her body align with mine.
* * *
I woke up when someone poked my shoulder with a cold round object.

Lifting up my head, I saw three guys, one holding a pipe.

I got up gently, letting Lucy's head drop nicely.

"Nice meal for a starving community, a dog. Others people eat 'em, why can't we?" One said.

I let out a low growl, readying my attack.

One pulled out a knife and I knew what I had to do.

I shifted, my ears and tail still sticking out, and their eyes went so wide I almost mistook them for plates.

"Wouldn't want to be cannibals now would you? So, put down the knife and let us sleep." I said.

"How bout you change back and we eat you." The second one said.

I sighed.

"Always gotta be the hard way with everyone." I mumbled and took a step back, shifting into my dragon while making sure not to wake Lucy.

She seemed to be a heavy sleeper so I was good.

The three men trembled underneath me.

"Still want to eat me?" I asked.

"N-n-n-no." The third man stuttered.

"Good, now leave us." I grumbled shifting back into my wolf and laying down.

They ran from the alley screaming bloody murder, waking up everyone around.

I piled a tired Lucy on my back and took off just as some people came into the alley.

I hid in a corner, slowly going up.

When I reached the top they noticed me but I was far away before they could get a good look.

"What's happening?" Lucy mumbled.

"Nothing, just go to sleep. We'll be home soon." I said.

She layed her head on the back of my neck once more and fell asleep.
* * *
We arrived at the front doors of the guild right at the break of dawn.

I snuck in as my wolf, making it look like Lucy was walking with certain movements.

I had her sit at the bar and then climbed up the wall and across the ceiling to a rafter and shifted back to a human.

Before I realized what was happening I was being hugged by a crying Natsu.

Tears slowly streaked down my own face, overjoyed to see him.

I slowly wrapped my arms around him, tears streaming down my face faster than a waterfall.

"I told Mystogan to lie to you if I died." I cried.

"Why would you die? For revenge?" He asked.

"No, for relief. So if I lived I could feel happiness at its fullest, you too." I said breaking away.

I planted a hand on his cheek and the other around his waist.

His arms wrapped around my waist. I fell and wrapped my wings around the banister like a sideways hammock.