Chapter 42

My scream pierced the air, calling out to the darkness.

Then, all of a sudden it stopped.

All sounds faded, no one moved.

I felt my eyes change, they glowed the red-orange color of fire.

My body floated back to the ground and I saw the world differently.

All of my friends were prey, fights were play, peace was battle.

"All right, I'll go your terms, though I may be a bit weak after whatever just happened." I said weakly, my eyes fading back.

"I don't think you should do that." Mira said on the sideline.

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do." I said. "Now let's get this going."

I walked out into a clearing and took a stance across from Gajeel.

"This isn't enough of a fight." I said.

"Are you insulting me?" Gajeel asked.

"Yea, now someone else get out here with him, someone worthy." I said.

"Natsu, Wendy, Gray, Erza, they good?" Gajeel asked, pulling them from the crowd of Fairy Tail members.

"Perfect." I said. "All right, in three, two, one, go!" Mira exclaimed, running back from the center of the battle.

All but Wendy rushed me.

I threw my hand up, everyone going with it.

They went high above everyone's heads and when they came back down I was in my dragon form.

"Oh no." Gray mumbled.

"Something is very wrong here!" Natsu yelled, as he dodged my fire.

I was using a type of flames very high above the regular type on a torch.

"You think?!" Gajeel yelled.

My eyes flashed to the red-orange color again, staying that way.

I took one big breath of fire and lost control.

The last thing I could do was spell 'Ayato' in the flames.

After that I took off, high above the sky and into the forest.

Natsu's P.O.V
"Ayato, what's that mean?" Lucy asked, stepping out if the crowd.

"Ayato is a vampire that helped Ally. Why would she want him?" Wendy asked.

"Didn't she say something about an Evan guy drinking so much of her blood that she passed out?" Frost asked, coming out from behind Wendy.

I never even knew she was there until now.

"Yea, she did." I mumbled.

"Well from how I hear it, we need this Ayato guy to drink a lot of her blood." Erza said.

"Me, Wendy, and Frost will do this alone." I said.

"What? Why?! What's gotten into you? We do things like this as a team!" Gray exclaimed.

"Not this time." Frost said.

"This is dangerous, you'll need our help." Lucy said.

"Well not this time then!" I yelled, shooting fire at the girl's back and my own.

"Come on, let's fly!" I exclaimed.

We got a small run up and jumped into the air.

Our wings propelled us upwards and we flew away, watching everyone as we went.

"Lucy!" I yelled, stopping for a second.

"What?!" She yelled angrily.

I put out my hand and she immediately got the message.

Lucy grabbed her expanding whip and flung it at me.

It wrapped around my hand and I pulled her up, the whip retracting as I did.

"I couldn't forget my partner." I said.

She smiled and I shot a flame at her back, giving her wings as well.
* * *
"Ayato!" Wendy yelled as we landed.

We folded our wings and went into the main area of the wolves' camp.

"We're all in here." Bruno said through an open door.

The four of us went in, seeing the entertainment room.

We sat down at the bar where Ayato was getting a drink.

"Hey guys, what's up? And who's this?" Ayato asked, still turned around.

"Ayato, this is Lucy, now we need your help." Frost said.

"Yea, Ally got shot by something and now she's gone all evil. She could probably destroy us all." Wendy said.

*Flashback*
"I want to stay with you forever." Ally mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked wondering if I heard her clearly.

"I said I want to stay with you forever. I know we won't always be together but I'm not letting you die on me. That would be too hard. I would probably kill myself, even if it was before seeing Igneel again." She said.

"You would die just because I died, even if it was before finding your dad?" I asked.

She nodded, tears filling her eyes. "I don't want to lose you again, and with all the dangerous stuff we do I'm scared that it might happen one day. What if someone gets in my head like with the suicide crystal and turns me against you? It could've happened with the Nirvana if I was weak, so if there's anything else like it, I could go insane and you wouldn't see me normal again. Or I may just lose it at a random time about something, and just attack you. I don't want to hurt you, I just have so much power when I'm so weak that anyone could take me over."

Tears were flowing down her face like waterfalls, pouring onto my head.

I took her off of my shoulders and hugged her.

"I'm not leaving you." I said. "Not now, not ever. We will survive, forever and always."
*Present Day*

I made her a promise on that day, and I think I just broke it.

"Okay, this is serious, I'll help. Now what do you need me to do?" Ayato asked.

"Drain a lot of her blood." Lucy said.

"I can't do that, she a friend, I'd feel so bad. I'd feel like Evan." He said.

"Either you do it or she will kill us then herself!" I yelled, grabbing the front of his shirt.