Chapter 40

*Long Chapter*
"You can't just drain her! She means something to someone and if they see she's gone they're going to come here, then they'll have a body if you keep doing this!" Someone yelled.

"You make it sound like I'm the younger one here! I've been at this for a while and I know this girl! She's tough, blood replenishes quickly!" Someone yelled back.

The first person yelled something back but I had drifted back to sleep, feeling the cool breeze against my skin the the hot sun.
* * *
"Ally, Ally wake up." I opened my eyes, Ayato in my face.

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

"Evan and I fought, he ran off, normally he returns in about a day or so, you need to go." He said.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'll stay, watch over your place, make sure it doesn't burn." He said.

"I'll don't care about it, I have a hidden cave. Come with me, I know a place but you have to carry me." I said.

"Alright, I grabbed that weird suitcase thing and shoved your last pair of clothes in it, I'll put this blanket in there too if you want." He said.

I nodded and got up with Ayato's help.

Folding the blanket, we put it in the suitcase.

I resized it and shoved it in a tiny part of the flowy skirt I had on.

Ayato grabbed me and we got going.
* * *
"Geez, how far away is this place?" Ayato asked.

"Not too far, then again, I walk this a lot." I said, hiding the fact I wasn't exactly human.

I would tell him this when we got there.

Behind us a twig snapped and my wolf ears and tail popped out.

I looked back and saw a rabbit dart across the path.

My eyes chased the rabbit as it tried to figure out how to get to it's family in front of us.

"What are those?" Ayato asked.

"I was going to tell you this later but now seems good." I said.

I shifted into my wolf and squirmed out of his arms, weakly standing.

Standing right in front of the rabbit, I gave it a death stare.

I slowly walked forward to catch it while it was preparing to run away.

Out of no where I pounced on it, biting the scruff if it's neck and killing it.

I shifted back into my human form, my knees giving way quickly.

My hands held the rabbit, ready to let me tear into it.

Ayato scooped me up into his arms and I ripped the rabbit open, the smell of it seeping into my nose, pulling me in.

I was almost done, having only a lung left when I saw Ayato looking at me.

"You want the lung?" I asked, mouth full.

"No I'm good, just wondering." He said.

I cocked my head, waiting for him to ask me.

"Well, if your part wolf, why did your blood taste human?" Ayato asked.

"To me it tastes like my blood, nothing different, but to everyone not like me, it tastes like a normal, rarer type of blood. Same way yours is." I said.

He nodded.

Evan would have freaked out at this, why was he so calm?
* * *
"Where to next?" Ayato asked.