Chapter 1

It was an everyday feeling for Lillian. She hated mornings and hated how she had to go to school. Her mom came in and told her to get up and get ready, then walked out. Lillian tossed and turned in her bed and finally got up going to the bathroom to take a quick shower. She looked in the mirror and hated the look of her face with her light brown hair swept down to half her back and how her eyebrows looked like a single brow by five inches.

     Lillian brushed her teeth and went to her room to get dressed. She thought about her father being away for a long time and felt that his job seemed to be too serious for her mom not to tell her what it was. She hoped he would be able to come home soon and be able to help the family pay the bills and spend time with her. She went downstairs to the kitchen and saw her mom at the table reading a magazine article. Lillian had two older brothers who were now in college studying business and government. She didn’t even get a chance to meet her brothers. She was around age 2 when her brothers went on a trip when they were at age 17, so she was told. Now she finds out they are in college after their over seas school trip. Her mother didn’t even tell her there names. She had only one older sister named Carry who was a senior in high school and about to graduate. Lillian’s big sister Carry came downstairs and looked in the mirror making sure nothing was on her face. “Mom... when will dad come home?” asked Lillian.

“Your father is coming home soon... he’s still working for the company in Oklahoma,” said her mother.

“He’s been gone for 7 months mom... Soon seems past time already,” said Lillian

“He’ll be home with more money and we won’t have to deal with paying the rent to stay in the house” spoke Lillian’s mother.

“Mom, what about everyone else in college?” asked Lillian.

“Lilly, you know that our brothers are in college and out doing work to start their own families. They’re not going to want to lend us money since mom keeps sending it back,” spoke Carry.

Lillian ate her breakfast, upset at how her mother kept sending money back every time her brothers would send it. They were always struggling to pay the bills and her mom didn’t want to see her being stubborn and waiting for her dad to come back home.

Lillian rose from the table and began walking to school. She met up with her friends Carla and Vanessa. She and her friends were among the losers at school who got picked on by those who thought they were beautiful, but Vanessa seemed to be the prettiest of the three of them. Lillian sat on a bench with her friends and started checking her face for imperfections.

“Gosh, I hate my face, my eye brows and how my body looks,” complained Lillian. Lillian was thin and frail and felt that she wasn’t good enough for any one or anything.

“Lilly, you shouldn’t be so selfish; you should admire the way you look,” said Vanessa.

“Vanessa your bone skinny like Kim and her toothpick crew,” said Carla.

Kim was a popular girl at school who was as skinny as a pole and had followers that looked petite like her. Most people didn’t like her but the girls admired her when she flirted with all the best looking male athletes without fear and became co-captain of the cheer team with her amazing choreography. Everyone always said she looked beautiful and had the potential to be homecoming queen. Vanessa been trying to earn a spot in the crew but she wasn’t quite there yet. Kim didn’t seem to like her quite yet, either.

The bell rang so Lillian started walking to class. Her day suddenly went downhill when someone made her drop her book bag. While picking her belongings up, Brian Matthews, the hottest guy in school, stopped to help Lillian gather her things. Brian wasn’t captain of anything but he was the most serious guy in school and popular for being rich, having bashed up parties every week or two.

“Here you go,” said Brian, handing a book to Lillian.

“Ummm… thanks,” smiled Lillian.

She was shocked because Brian Matthews never talked to her, no matter how much she tried to gain his attention. She felt like a mirror with no reflection and was unnoticeable.

“You’re new here right?” asked Brian feeling like he knew her from somewhere. Brian was wearing black pants with a white shirt that hugged tightly to his muscles and his hair was spiked with thick gel. His dark gray eyes made him look even more attractive, making any girl lucky to have him.

“N-no… I’ve been living here for a while and have gone to this school since I was a freshman,” responded Lillian.

“Oh, well I’m Brian,” he introduced himself.

“I know who you are. I’m Lillian,” she did the same.

“So you hang with Carla I see… How come you’re not hanging with Kim or Vanessa?” he asked.

“I don’t measure up to them” said Lillian, seeming irritated, “Kim just wants the guys to be in bed with her and Vanessa hates the fact that Kim won’t accept her yet, but I don’t care; I do what I want to do.” Brian smiled pleasingly.

“So you don’t care what people say about you?”

“Depends, but most the time I hate it and I just feel like punching them in the face or just walk away because I know it’s not worth hurting someone as bad as they hurt me,” said Lillian in her honest way.

“Why not use your fist to stand up for yourself?” asked Brian.

“Because if it’s little I won’t let it bother me, but if it’s big I don’t know what to do or how to react to make sure I’m the bigger person except to stand up for myself,” said Lillian. “But if you want someone to leave you alone, then you have to learn to stand up for yourself…even if pain is the cost.”

“Wow… you’re... not like the other girls at this school,” said Brian, looking at Lillian expressionless but he could see Lillian was starring right back at him with a serious look. “Look, do you want to come to a party at my house next weekend on Friday?” asked Brian.

Lillian was shocked that for once Brian, the hottest guy in school, was inviting her to his party, but she felt a little unsteady about it all. “I don’t know… maybe. Is it cool if my friends can come?” asked Lillian.

“Umm…I guess it’s cool. So why not?” said Brian

“Well it’s just because everyone says-” The second bell rang. “Crap, I’m late for class. Nice talking to you, Brian. I’ll see you at the party then, I guess.” Lillian ran off with her voice trailing behind her.

  A/N:         Hey be sure to vote and comment and ill be sure to read and answer questions think of your opinions Gracias mi amigos and amigas!