chapter 24

The army finally came to the palace. Everyone turned to wolves and got into their places meeting with the other humans and Vampires. A signal was made and James’s army prepared themselves attacking with the first move. War started and everyone attacked. Scratches from wolves were made, Vampires biting into people killing them, and arrows being shot and swords slashing.

Lillian woke up and was in a different room. She wasn’t chained but was locked in. She hated being locked in rooms and got nauseous when in a room for too long. Lillian went to the door and knew it was locked but had a little window.

5 minutes later Lillian heard noise coming down the steps and toward the door. A big man with tattoos and big muscles stepped in. He was about 6 foot and looked like he benched every day for 15 hours. Lillian stayed in the corner fearful of the man. He was cute with his little goatee and gray eyes and short hair but was a threat on the first look. The man didn’t say anything to Lillian and just walked over and grabbed her by the arms. Lillian didn’t fight back and just looked at him still in fear.

“Name is Ryan, I’m suppose to look after you while the war is going on and I’m in a very ticked off mood. If you give me any trouble or try escaping I swear there’s going to be consequences. The things I do I don’t regret them until I feel like it so don’t even try testing me” said Ryan and went to a fancy black couch and laid there relaxing taking a nap.

Lillian came out the corner and sat on a little bed. Quietly she walked over to Ryan. She drew her hand out to try electrifying him. Before she could Ryan read her mind and gripped her wrist hard and pulled her close.

“I thought I told you not to bother me?” said Ryan angry.

Lillian didn’t move and felt more threatened staring in his eyes and hearing the anger in his voice. “I-I’m sorry”

Ryan got up still holding Lillian’s wrist and dragged her over to the wall where the chains were. He slammed Lillian to the wall. Lillian whimpered feeling pain in her back and in her head. Ryan lifted her arms and chained her to the wall.

“Next time think twice about the words I say. Try something else I’ll hurt you even more” threatened Ryan

Lillian never felt threatened and looked at Ryan. She had the feeling that she knew him.

“Ryan…have we met before?” asked Lillian stuttering

“Lillian…Right?” He asked

“Yeah…”

“We met…I’m upset you’re with Brian”

“Why is everyone-?

“Because he betrayed me and stabbed me in the back” said Ryan

“…How?”

“There was a girl I had a crush on…She was beautiful. More beautiful than all the girls that I have met. I fell in love with her and she had eyes for Brian. I told Brian how I felt. But because of the player he was he didn’t give a damn and stole her from me” said Ryan with a straight face

“Ryan…wait Ryan you’re his cousin aren’t you? I remember you…we met when I moved to Chicago. I was…10 and you showed me around. You moved away a year later for some family business. I remember now” said Lillian looking at Ryan. Wait...the girl your talking about… what was her name?”

“…Her name was Sahara. She was beautiful. I haven’t heard from her at all. They said she died a few months ago” said Ryan sounding hurt

“Ryan she’s alive”

“What? How do you know?”

“She comes to my old house where my parents use to live that I’ve been staying at. She hates my guts because I’m with Brian”

“Why did you hurt her?”

“I would never hurt her or anyone at all! She’s mad at me because I’m with Brian and he broke their promise when he said they would be together again and be married when they meet again after they were split up” said Lillian

“Mmm Brian never keeps his word. You have to be someone he would always remember when he keeps one” said Ryan

“Well don’t think everything is going well because even though he says I’m his girl, he got the bitch pregnant and doesn’t want to tell me” said Lillian getting upset

“You’re lying I know you are! Sahara isn’t pregnant it’s impossible. She told me she wasn’t able to bare a child after her tribe got ambushed. They said she was kicked in the stomach hard and caused her to lose the baby we had. After that her stomach wasn’t able to function and hold a baby or even create one” said Ryan looking at Lillian.

“Ryan let me go this isn’t necessary” said Lillian feeling bad

“No…you might escape”

“Nobody is coming for me anyway! Nobody pays attention to me anyway. I’m not special and the powers I have doesn’t matter to me so just let my father take them” said Lillian

“You sound like…your mom…” said Ryan with a low chuckle.

“Ryan I don’t care I just want to go home. My dad’s not going to give you power he’s just using you”

Ryan looked at Lillian. He walked over to her and just starred at her. He got the key out and unlocked the brackets. Lillian rubbed her wrist saying Thank you. Ryan unlocked the door and signaled her to follow. Lillian followed behind Ryan and went left and went right going through several halls and finally up the stairs. 20 minutes later they arrived to a door where there were two guards waiting.

“This is Lillian?” spoke one of the guards.

Ryan nodded. The guards opened the door and allowed them in. Lillian followed Ryan and they went through 5 doors and through the sixth and entered.

“Whatever happens, Family may be strong and happy to see you…but you can never trust someone completely” Said Ryan really serious.

Lillian nodded and felt really nervous. As they walked Lillian’s heart started to pound more and more. They enter a room that was dark gold and had a chandelier hanging at the top and dimmed the room. There were luxury seats and statues everywhere. As they walked for 2 minutes they walked up the steps. Ryan grabbed Lillian’s hand and goes through a door and there he was. James…Lillian’s father sitting in a chair not being feathered but sitting on a big thrown that had built in jewels and rhinestones.

James was talking to some men but then looked and not only noticed Ryan but noticed Lillian. James couldn’t recognize his daughter. She looked like her mother when she was young but looked older and younger at the same time. James got up from his chair and walked down the steps. He wore a robe that was red and black. He was a dark tan and he had hair down the half of his back to where his chest was.

James was wide eyed and starred at Lillian.

“Lilly?”