Chapter 7

Brian was still driving looking for a place to eat at.

“Where are we going?” Asked Lillian noticing the drive was starting to be a little long

“We’re going to a diner that I use to go to” answered Brian.

“Oh…I guess you knew I was hungry?” said Lillian then feeling what she said was stupid

Brian read her mind and did a little chuckle “I’m hungry also...Didn’t get to eat dinner…Rebecca wasn’t home like she said she’d be, my dad is out of state and my brother was already out eating with his girlfriend” answered Brian then getting quiet.

“Is Rebecca your mom?” asked Lillian

“Step-mom” Brian said quickly

Lillian looked at Brian and noticed his face was still serious. “What happened to your real mom…if you don’t mind me asking?”

There was a long silence until Brian finally answered. “My mom passed away 8 years ago when I was 10”

“Oh my gosh…I’m so sorry Brian…how’d she die?” she asked hoping she wasn’t be annoying

“She got in a car accident when she was coming home from work” said Brian.

Lillian was looking at Brian and noticed his face was still serious and he didn’t show any sign of pain or sorrow. She started becoming curious of how he was.

An hour later they showed up to a restaurant that had lights all around it glowing like a Christmas tree. Brian pulled in and parked his car. He and Lillian got out the car. Lillian grabbed his hand and waited for Brian to lock his car. Brian grabbed Lillian by her side and walked her up to the restaurant. As they walked in, the place was even more beautiful than outside. It was like a very expensive place, it was dim and the tables were covered in white and red table clothes with candles and flowers on the table and a salad bar with menus to order food.

A host came to sit Brian and Lillian down at a table. Lillian sat at the table with Brian and was still amazed at the place.

“This place is huge and really nice” said Lillian with a shocked smile on her face.

“Yea I know it’s called Specifica en Espana” said Brian with a hot Spanish accent.

“Wow it’s really nice…feel stupid because I’m not dressed nice to come to a place like this fancy…and are you Mexican or what?” asked Lillian

“Ha…don’t worry about it they don’t care…and I’m part white, Hispanic, Spanglish and I’m from Hausa” answered Brian.

“Oh wow that’s cool” said Lillian

“Yea my mom used to bring me here when I was little” said Brian

“A fancy place like this?” asked Lillian

“Yeah…she didn’t know where else to eat so she told my dad to pull in here and it was a really good memory and a lot of fun with the family”

Lillian smiled and looked at Brian and looked at her menu when she noticed Brian laid his gray eyes on her. She noticed his eyes had changed to a lighter gray color almost looking white.