Chapter 18

Lillian went downstairs to the kitchen and got herself a drink of water. She thought about why her father wanted power and so much control when he already had enough power. Lillian heard footsteps. She looked and saw a girl, who looked to be around the age if 19. She was pretty, and was dressed in a blue dress and had her blond hair braided back in a pony tail, and had blue eyes.

“You look more grown up now since I’ve seen you in the pictures” said the girl. “Why are you here?”

“I’m in hiding. I used to live here when I was little before my mother passed away” said Lillian

“You shouldn’t be here. If you’re here you’ll get in the way of the city and in the fight” said the lady

“Look I don’t know what you’re talking about, but Brian-

“Brian brought you here? The nerve of him he never listens to anyone!” said the woman and disappeared in the hallway

Lillian stood there confused and wondered why she had a problem with her being in Persia. Leon walked in the kitchen and grabbed an apple and sat down reading a book.

“Hey Leon who’s that girl in the blue dress?” asked Lillian

“Blue dress? Oh that’s Sahara don’t mind her she’s…hard tempered” said Leon.

“But she seems to hate Brian…and me” said Lillian sitting down at the table

“Her and Brian used to be…together” said Leon cleaning ff and apple.

“What do you mean together?”

“Wolves live for a long time and…when you were maybe 10 him and her were together”

“Well…what happened?”

“They got into a fight. They were supposed to be separate because her father wouldn’t allow it in his tribe. They snuck away to be together but Sahara’s tribe found them and her father restrained Brian’s tribe away from them” explained Leon

“But you guys are cool with each other now right?” asked Lillian

“Yeah its just when things settled down, Sahara wanted to be with Brian now since her father wouldn’t care if they were, but Brian said no because he fell for another girl”

“And the girl was me…right?”

“Yeah Sahara hates it because she was too late to get with Brian”

“Well I’m sorry if I was in the way”

“Well I don’t know but you’ll have to get use to her, because she’s going to be one of your trainer’s other than your mom’s friends” said Leon getting up from the table.

“Trainer…Great” Lillian felt training with Sahara would be trouble.

********

Lillian walked outside the field and saw arrows and ropes. She saw Sahara stretching and practicing a move.

“Hey” said Lillian approaching Sahara.

“Hey…Are you ready?” Sahara asked with a serious attitude

“Yeah let’s do it…I’m sorry if-

“Look I don’t care alright, I’m more worried about the war going to happen so no sorry for hurting someone or you’re going to fall for your enemies trap or death” said Sahara

Sahara started the training with showing Lillian how to hold the arrow and shoot it at the target. Two in half hours went by and Lillian was starting to get it. She aimed for the target and shot the arrow and shot another arrow on fire at the target. Sahara then showed Lillian how to tie up an enemy with the rope. Another two hours went by and Lillian realized when tying up an enemy is when learning how to avoid their moves and tactics. Lillian was able to pick up Sahara’s next move and tie her up. Training was over for the day.

Lillian went upstairs to her room and took out a towel and laid out her pajamas. She undressed and wrapped herself in a towel and went to the other side of the room and into the bathroom. Lillian went to turn on the water in the tub and put bubbles in. The tub was big enough to hold three people like a little Jacuzzi.

Lillian got in the tub and started to relax in one minute. Lillian thought about her mom and then her aunt and her cousin Carry. She was worried about where they were and hoped they were safe. She started relaxing and then heard a loud thump in her bedroom. Lillian sat up and listened to the sound and worried there was trouble. Lillian heard knocking at the door. She hid herself under the water and held her breath. Under the water she heard the door crash open. A minute later someone yanked her from the water.

Lillian was shocked and saw it was a man with tattoos and had a little beard and dark brown eyes. Lillian screamed and tried pulling away but the man picked her up and put her on his shoulder. Lillian tried releasing herself but the man was too strong for her. Lillian placed her hand on his back and the man went limp and dropped her.

She looked at him and saw him pass out. Lillian grabbed a towel and threw it on. She ran outside her room and ran downstairs. She wish she knew were Brian was because he hasn’t been around all day.       Lillian screamed out Brian and Leon’s name but she realized nobody was in the house. Lillian turned around and saw the big tattoo man running down the stairs. She ran to the dining room and hid under the table. The man searched the dining room area and tried finding Lillian.
      She saw the man leave to another room. She got out from under the table and ran the other direction. She ran to the front door and ran outside. Behind her were two other men running after her. Lillian kept running and ran into the forest. She hated the forest because she thought it was the most places you can get killed. She kept running tree after tree passing by her.

      Lillian became more scared when she heard growling. The men that were chasing her were the wolves that she was warned to stay away from. Lillian ran as fast as she could and saw another wolf next to her trying to bite her. Lillian felt tears on her face and ran faster. The wolves speed up and finally caught up to her and knocked her down. Lillian fell hard on the ground having a nose bleed. She sat up and started crying and screaming.

“Leave me alone!” Yelled Lillian

The wolves just looked at her and got in attack mode about to jump. Lillian screamed to the top of her lungs. Another wolf jumped out from the side and attacked the other wolf. Lillian noticed what was going on and saw another wolf attack the other wolf. Lillian finally saw it was Brian and another pack member.