Chapter 6

When Lillian got home she ran upstairs and laid her clothes and jewelry out on the bed. She couldn’t wait to wear her clothes to the party and have a good time with Brian and her best friend Carla. Lillian started to like Brian because he wasn’t so much of a jerk to her like she thought or how people said.

Carry’s sister walked in and saw Lillian’s clothes on the bed. “Oh my gosh Lilly I love your clothes”

“Thank you…I really hope they’ll look good on me when it hits Friday” said Lillian happy.

“Well today is…what, Tuesday?” asked Carry

“Yeah tomorrow is Wednesday” answered Lillian

“Well then on Thursday I’ll do your hair and give you a makeover” said Carry.

“Thank you Carry means a lot to me” said Lillian.

**********

Later on in the night, Lillian was in her room listening to music waiting for dinner to be ready. Carry came in her room with a serious look on her face like she was about to cry.

“Carry what’s wrong?” asked Lillian starting to get worried.

“Lilly come to mom’s room she needs to have a talk with you” said Carry with a sad and serious expression on her face and then walked out.

Lillian’s heart was beating and she had butterflies in her stomach like they were on fire burning inside of her. Lillian reached her mom’s room and saw her at her dresser and then sat on her bed, when she heard Carry and Lillian walk in the room she turned around to look at them.

“Lillian…have a seat…we need to talk” said Lillian’s mother looking pale.

“What is it? What’s going on?” asked Lillian feeling more scared.

“Lilly…me and your father…”started Lillian’s mother

Lillian’s heart started racing afraid to hear the words that were going to come out of her mom’s mouth.

“Lilly I’ve been waiting and deciding not to tell you this but now I can’t hide this from you no more” said Lillian’s mom looking at Carry

“Lilly Mom and Dad are getting a divorce” said Carry lying.

“B-but why?” asked Lillian shocked but still felt pain inside her stomach.

“Lilly dad’s been having affair…he’s gotten remarried and he lives in Oklahoma…not work there” said Lillian’s mom following the lie.

The truth that was going was Lillian’s cousin was killed in the war against her father and other warriors. More trouble was stirring up causing danger to Lillian and her family. But still Carry and her mom couldn’t tell her the truth.

“B-but I don’t understand you guys told me he was coming home next month or in five months and we would have enough money to pay the bills” said Lillian starting to tear up.

“Lillian we have a whole bunch of money that’s from his side and most of it from our side and he has more money…Mom has a job and is promoted to intern and will work late probably” said Carry.

Lillian sat there shocked and overwhelmed and tears fell on her cheek and fire was burning inside of her.

“Well he’ll come visit it us to meet his wife right?” asked Lillian trying to be right of hoping things would turn around to a good way.