Chapter 4

Two days passed by. It was Monday night, the week of the party. School was cancelled tomorrow since a gas exploded in the science room during the day and they had to clear it out for the rest of the day and tomorrow for the kids’ safety. Lillian was in her room doing her homework trying to work on a book report due for English on Friday. She heard a knock on her window. She looked and saw her neighbor Anthony. Lillian locked her bedroom door and unlocked her window to let him in.

Anthony smelled like clone that tasted sweet and was dressed in black and his hair was spiked with gel.

“Anthony what are you doing here?

You realize it’s almost 10:30 at night right?” asked Lillian

“I know but I need to talk to you…and yes it’s important” responded Anthony

Lillian sat on the bed. She was lucky she was already in her pajamas because she knew Anthony wanted to have her and he tried to lay cool with it no matter how she said no. Lillian liked Anthony but she didn’t have the feelings that he carried for her and didn’t want to. The fact when he comes in her room makes her uncomfortable when he comes at a wrong time when in the shower or getting dressed.

“Well if it’s so important than what is it?” She asked taking a big breath hoping it wasn’t another excuse for him to be in her room alone.

“I don’t think you should go to the party this week… You should just lie down and stay home and just go out somewhere with your friends” said Anthony having a little worried look on his face.

“Anthony…how did you even know I was going? And why do you care and what’s wrong with me going to the party?” asked Lillian trying to remain calm

“Brian’s just a guy who wants to…get you in bed…he doesn’t give a damn about you” said Anthony trying to be serious.

“Anthony you’re just jealous because I’m going out to my first party that I have ever been invited to” said Lillian getting off her bed.

“Lilly that has nothing to do with it. I know Brian, I use to be friends with him and I know what kind of mind he has. He’s just like his brother and they just want to get high fives for being in bed and playing with girl’s emotions and they’ll hurt anybody they want and won’t give a damn if they get arrested” blurted Anthony in whisper so her mother or sister won’t come at the door.

“Anthony Brian is not that kind of suicide freak and you been in bed with a girl before too and you don’t give a damn about it. Plus your just mad because-

“I loved you ever since 5th grade Lilly! I know what goes on at parties and why guys want girls to be on them! Open your eyes and see that I’m right here and I know what kind of guy Brian is and know he doesn’t care about any girl since his mom passed away and he’s just going to hurt you... I’ve been waiting for you to make your right choices and make sure your ok because your dad’s not here to tell you what to do and see what’s going on here. I can’t have you date or see a guy who would hurt you!” yelled out Anthony

Lillian stood there shocked at his words and had her eyes coming to tears.

“Get out…Get out now!” cried Lillian

“Lilly I’m-

“I don’t care get out!” Lillian cried and turned around and sat at her desk trying to get back to doing her report.

Anthony looked at Lillian and turned around to climb out her window. He felt bad for what he said. For the first time he made her cry and he felt guilty for his accusing.

Anthony had to try keeping Brian away from Lillian like his leader said. The problem was that Brian was too stubborn and powerful and he never listened to anyone. Anthony knew it was going to be trouble stirring up soon.