Chapter 8

After dinner Brian noticed that it was almost 40minutes to midnight.

“Wow I got to get you home” said Brian calling the lady for a check.

“That was a good dinner Brian…thank you” said Lillian as kind as she can to try not to sound like she was using him.

“Oh don’t worry about it…you’re the first girl I brought here” said Brian getting the check.

“Brian I have to tell you something” said Lillian trying not to sound serious but did.

“I have to tell you something too…but I’m not sure how you can take it I’ll just tell you later” said Brian even more serious

Brian took Lillian by her hand not giving her the chance to talk and walked her out the restaurant to the car. When Brian got in the car, he backed out but saw someone behind him standing there intimidating and ran off. Lillian turned around seeing what he was looking at and saw no one behind.

“You ok?” asked Lillian

“Hmm…Yeah I’m fine” said Brian looking at Lillian and then looking behind him.

Brian took off driving and turned on the radio to look for something to listen to but then turned it off when none of the stations were working. Lillian started falling asleep and tried staying awake because she didn’t want to be rude to Brian if he wanted to talk to her. Brian didn’t talk for the rest of the drive and then noticed Lillian has fallen asleep. Brian wanted to hurry and get Lillian home before she got in trouble. He also knew people were coming to take Lillian under her father’s orders. He was given the job to watch Lillian until it was time to go to Persia.

Brian heard a sound from far away hearing growling and fast feet moving through the forest to the speed of his car. Brian tried speeding up and saw a sign that he was 30 minutes away from the city. The growling stopped but the smell filled up Brian’s nose and knew something was or someone was following him.

*******

When Brian pulled up to Lillian’s house he noticed she was still asleep. Brian didn’t want to wake her up or knock on the door in the middle of the night knowing all the lights were out and everyone sound asleep.

Brian went to the front door and looked for a key under the mat and quietly opened the door. Quietly Brian walked up the stairs holding Lillian in his arms. He found her room first door to the right and walked in. He laid her down gently under her covers taking off her shoes.

When Brian was about to leave he turned around and noticed some pictures on the wall above her dresser. He saw pictures of her and Anthony from being little and grown up. He noticed that she and Anthony were friends. Somehow he felt she was in danger being friends with Anthony now that it was the presence and she probably didn’t know who he really was.

Brian decided to worry about it later and left her room and went home.

Lillian woke up the next morning and found she was in her bed. She remembered she was in Brian’s car driving home from the restaurant. She figured he must’ve carried her to bed and went home. Lillian looked at the clock on her wall and noticed it was 7:00 in the morning.

“Oh no school starts in 30 minutes!” panicked Lillian jumping out of her bed.

Lillian jumped in the shower and quickly washed up and went back to her room. She went in her closet and picked out some clothes and threw them on. When she was ready she rushed out her bedroom door and noticed that her mom and Carry were already gone.